Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some weeks ago I saw a photo of this LP08 rig that was offered on the Rock Island Arsenal Auction. Its stunning appearance pushed me to ask Jerry Burney if he could finish off one of my MARS 1915 holsters with such attaching leather. We had a pebble grain map case to work with.

Download Attachment: LP08WSTOCK.gif
158.25 KB

My photography skills are sorely lacking, but here's what Jerry came up with.

Download Attachment: MVC-001F.JPG
84.79KB

Download Attachment: MVC-002F.JPG
64.26KB

Download Attachment: MVC-003F.JPG
62.47KB

I have had two MARS holsters for some years, one is as it was made and the other was modified for belt wear. Last week I came across another at the MAX show.

Download Attachment: MVC-004F.JPG
82.36KB

Download Attachment: MVC-005F.JPG
97.9KB

Download Attachment: MVC-006F.JPG
77.66KB

Download Attachment: MVC-007F.JPG
96.17KB

Here's a guy wearing what looks like a MARS softshell on his belt.

Download Attachment: marsholster.jpg
230.53KB

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Geo, That's disgusting! Mainly because it's not in my safe yet.
Man, that turned out great. A perfect match. I would dare anyone to be able to tell it from original. It's a good thing Jerry's an honest man. He could boost these things all over e-bay, and make a fortune.

Geo I am envious, Ron

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, we used sixty year old German leather.

·
Registered
704 Posts
All,

After giving Jerry's work a *very close* inspection at Chantilly last weekend, the only way it did not look absolutely perfect was the attaching rivits did not have the oxidation and patina of age. Otherwise, absolutely perfect down to the smell.

Tom A.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
George, You are right, your photography does not show the true beauty of this piece. In person it is really a sight to behold.

Tom! How could you say such a thing! Take another look in 80 years and tell me what you see then.....I have tried to age brass to some extent and the process I use takes off the bright shiney but only age will do the rest. Brass ages pretty rapidly.

Ron, I don't think there is much demand for pebble grained Artillery boots. You have to have that special holster to match up and George and maybe Mauro are the only two I know of lucky enough to have any!

Nice spread George!

Jerry Burney

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's another pebble grain, but it's a hard shell. Marked "HERM.FLOHR" over "COLN" over "1915". Got this one in Chantilly this past weekend.

Download Attachment: MVC-008F.JPG
73.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-009F.JPG
73.42KB

Download Attachment: MVC-010F.JPG
68.08KB

Download Attachment: MVC-011F.JPG
78.07KB

Here's another hard shell pebble grain that I have had for years. It's marked "L.Z.A." over "Li????Genosschsech" over "Sattlerm." over"PFORZHEIM 1917".

Download Attachment: MVC-012F.JPG
77.18KB

Download Attachment: MVC-013F.JPG
66.01KB

Download Attachment: MVC-014F.JPG
68.73KB

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Jerry, I was'nt just refering to pebble grain boots. I meant holsters and rigs in general. If you decided to start boosting. You could bankrupt some collectors. It's very fortunate for Luger collectors that you have the integrity, not to do so.
Geo, Another really nice one. I wish I had 4 rich wives. :D

Ron

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
George, What beauties! I sure like the one you picked up at Chantilly! It's a beauty....

Ron, It's not as easy to make holsters as one might imagine. With the hours involved, I would be lucky to get 10 bucks an hour. One would have to set up a manufacturing process with a sewing machine. I have enough to do!

Careful what you wish for my friend...4 Wives? One seems to be more than enough for me...Jerry Burney

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.