Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the prettiest, but I'm just glad to have found one. They don't come along all that often. Though somebody modified a Colt mag for it, it still functioned flawlessly at the range today. From the serial number it appears to be a mid 20s production. Ideally, I would have liked to have found one in the WWI serial range, but I guess that can wait. Now for the nearly impossible task of finding a Baby Stop in .380.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Some years ago, in what must be one of many Hitler movies, he threatens a driver with a .32 Frommer. The next one bigger, I think. Donna remembered Hitler having the Frommer in his jacket pocket. Took years to find one, but she is tickled that we now have one.

Hpwever, no one seems to recall the movie, or the Frommer scene...???????

PJH

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some years ago, in what must be one of many Hitler movies, he threatens a driver with a .32 Frommer. The next one bigger, I think. Donna remembered Hitler having the Frommer in his jacket pocket. Took years to find one, but she is tickled that we now have one.

Hpwever, no one seems to recall the movie, or the Frommer scene...???????

PJH
The movie was Hitler the rise of evil - a 2 part miniseries released in 2003. The scene was of Hitler threatening his driver for falling for his niece Geli Raubal with whom Hitler was having an affair.

·
Administrator
13,290 Posts
Very cool, I must say I have seen few of the larger ones, let alone any of this model :)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
wow, very cool. at first I thought as small as it was it was in 6.35 cal. I honestly didnt know they made a baby in .7.65 let alone .380. I thought all those were full sized frommers. thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
wow, very cool. at first I thought as small as it was it was in 6.35 cal. I honestly didnt know they made a baby in .7.65 let alone .380. I thought all those were full sized frommers. thanks for posting.
Sam, the Liliput was the smallest Frommer 6.35; then the Baby Frommer 7.65 (also in 380) and regular size Frommer Stop 7.65.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Joe, thanks for that explanation and the photos. I actually considered the lilliput in the same family as the smaller version of the Femaru 29 and 37. then the baby frommer in the family with the frommer stops. I haven't reallly expanded my collection too far with the 6.35 cal guns like you enjoy and therefore really didn't realize the differance. I was bypassing the baby frommers until I get a full sized frommer stop. Your collection of the frommers by the way is impressive. Thanks for sharing. That is why I like this site so much. its a wealth of information!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Joe, thanks for that explanation and the photos. I actually considered the lilliput in the same family as the smaller version of the Femaru 29 and 37. then the baby frommer in the family with the frommer stops. I haven't reallly expanded my collection too far with the 6.35 cal guns like you enjoy and therefore really didn't realize the differance. I was bypassing the baby frommers until I get a full sized frommer stop. Your collection of the frommers by the way is impressive. Thanks for sharing. That is why I like this site so much. its a wealth of information!
Sam, funny you would say that about the Femarus and the Frommers. I get mixed up sometimes too What Frommers are you looking to have for your collection?
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts