Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it is a fully functional gun, that is a 25-plus year ago price.

Is it matching?
All matching, completely functional. Only small thing is is that the safety doesn’t work. I’ll pull the trigger and the safety will act like it’ll wanna work but the striker will still “fire”

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Congratulations on your new pocket pistol. These are an interesting handgun. An early striker fired pistol, they were Mauser's entry into designing a family of handguns. The gunsmith Josef Nickl did the design, with the intent of scaling it from .25acp all the way to .45acp.

I lectured on this in Liege a few years ago. here are the videos:

Playlist of entire symposium:

On Nickl:

The parts for these are fairly difficult to obtain. is the safety lever missing or the wrong part? Take a photo of the area with the grip removed (be extremely careful not to crack the grip if you remove it).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations on your new pocket pistol. These are an interesting handgun. An early striker fired pistol, they were Mauser's entry into designing a family of handguns. The gunsmith Josef Nickl did the design, with the intent of scaling it from .25acp all the way to .45acp.

On Nickl:

The parts for these are fairly difficult to obtain. is the safety lever missing or the wrong part? Take a photo of the area with the grip removed (be extremely careful not to crack the grip if you remove it).
I think the spring is worn out, the safety lever is still there. Just think it needs a new spring

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

On Nickl:

I’ll take some pictures when I get home from work

·
Super Moderator
4,806 Posts
Reactions: Hannibal

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
There is a complete spring kit available for these from Wolff. the safety consists of a control with button and a lever that moves into position under spring tension. The button control is engaged in the frame and flexes in to release the safety lever. There were two widths of the button control part made. One for the M1910 and another for the M1914 with the button placed in different centering.

Reactions: Ghale01

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a complete spring kit available for these from Wolff. the safety consists of a control with button and a lever that moves into position under spring tension. The button control is engaged in the frame and flexes in to release the safety lever. There were two widths of the button control part made. One for the M1910 and another for the M1914 with the button placed in different centering.
I ordered a spring kit, could that be the issue? A worn out spring?

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
The spring might just not be in the correct position, or have fallen off the lever.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
I have always found doing some research more rewarding that just asking others. I think you will find published resources more accurate than word of mouth information. Regards,

Mauser Pistols (unblinkingeye.com)
Burgess, you are deserving of your own book.....your supply better information on Mauser pistols than any sources I have ever come across, and a collection of these Mausers that can't be matched!
Joe

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
To those who appreciate the article, Thank you! Ed Buffalo did most of the work using my input. He also used some editors license with some of the information I provided. Yes, I would very much like to record what I have learned about Mauser's pocket pistols in a book for future collectors. Hopefully, I will find time to do just that. Regards,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts