Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I couldn't wait so I picked her up today. here are a few pics.

What do you think Orv?

Download Attachment: p381.jpg
82.76 KB

Download Attachment: p382.jpg
80.8 KB

Notice Uppercase "A" on frame and lowercase "a" on slide.

Download Attachment: holster.jpg
105.49 KB

Holster is 44 dated JHG WaA 41

Download Attachment: Mag.jpg
84.4 KB

Mag is marked P.38 v WaA359
U

Don't mean to sound ungratefull about my luck but only one mag came with the rig...I bet the other is at the womans house who brought the rig to the gunshop I got it from. probably under the good linen. ;,)

Download Attachment: both.jpg
115.55 KB

Download Attachment: Picture 013.jpg
25.96KB

Above you can see some imperfections in the frame that certainly would not have made it through inspection when times were good.

Download Attachment: Picture 014.jpg
44.49KB

Also in the triger guard there are grindmarks that were made before the pistol was blued.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm,

Nice Pistole

Yes your has black grips and you dont have the casting problems on the toe of the front grip strap. But i noticed the finish fit at the front of the slide on yours where the serial number is for the barrel assy is a bit more sloppy than mine.

What month of 45 were the A a block P.38's made?

Aufaffe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Orv.

Now my only problem is having reservations about shooting it.

There are no wear marks in the chamber or anywhere when the action is opened. The only wear on the pistol is holster wear just a bit around the front of the slide where it would have rubbed the leather on the way down.

Aufaffe

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Nice photos Fritz! Here is my example. It is interesting to note that my gun which is in a slightly higher serial number range has the "cog" hammer.

After a close inspection, I put a mag through all of my guns just to check function. This usually does not harm the gun and if a small part breaks on a late war gun you can find a replacement. However, I would not shoot it much more than that.

Mark

Download Attachment: AC45capA.jpg
174.67KB

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL,

Well the P.38 is not my favorite axis weapon. The Radom is, in fact its my carry side arm.

Even though I don't favor the p38 I still want to be able to shoot one that I own. So, It looks like I need to find a P.38 shooter now.So I'll eventually own two Won't that be a shame! ;.)

Aufaffe

Download Attachment: 2004316224341_Radomvote.jpg
80.14 KB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.