Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An old Luger was passed on to me from my grandfather when he died a little over a year ago. I have had a really hard time identifying it from all of the variations that are in the gun books. I do have pictures if that would help. I could also easily help point out all of the differrent marks it has. I'm just not sure if this is a place where I can get help with this sort of subject. Ultimately I hope to sell the gun, but really need to find an accurate value first. Please let me know if anyone is good with these and would be willing to help! Thank you in advance!

a couple quick bits of info on it:
dwm manufacturer
3936 serial #
no year on the barrel or anywhere else
"geischert" under the safety
"germany" stamped under the barrel
barrel is approx. 3 3/4 - 4" long
on the side of the gun, there is a "N" with a crown above it
the number 36 is stamped on almost all of the parts (all #'s match)

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
You most likely have a 1923 .30 cal commercial. It is one of, if not the most common of Luger types in the US. In very good condition it might bring as much as $900 but more likely $500-$700 range.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Pictures would really help with a value but I would tell you I agree with George on his estimates. For your info, it should have a wood bottom mag either plain or marked Germany

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
George and everyone...Thank You! I will try to put a coule pics up and we'll see. Just one thought: I borrowed 3 gun books from the local library and they all have slightly different info from book to book. The one that has the most info on Lugers says that the serial # of a 1923 Commercial should be from #73500 - 96000. Needless to say, I trust in the expertise of the people here who have helped me. Could I be reading this improperly?

Download Attachment: DSCN0159.JPG
284.3KB

Download Attachment: DSCN0164.JPG
124.09KB

Download Attachment: DSCN0165.JPG
254.62KB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much, everybody!! My email address is [email protected]
I am an interior remodeling contractor, formerly a remodeling carpenter. My company specializes in kitchen and bath remodeling. I tell you this only because I would like to offer to return the favor that has been done for me here. If I can answer anyone's remodeling / construction questions, please feel free to ask! Happly holidays to everyone!! Thanks Again!

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.