Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know what i have on one side there are 4 eagles 2 eagles have 655 under them next 2 them there is one eagle and then there is one next to that there are the # 51 all over the luger and it saids p.08 on the side,,,, on the top looking down there are marks (((b,y,f))) any help any one thanks jim i have a pic but its to big

ADMIN: Picture added, some clearer ones and more would help us :)

Download Attachment: Hpim0526B.jpg
65.69KB

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
lanza...... Welcome to the Forum. The BYF on the top is a code for Mauser who was the maker. Over the chamber you will find either 41 or 42 and that is the year of manufacture. There should be a full serial number on the front of the frame, on the bottom of the barrel and on the L/H side of the receiver. The last 2 numbers should be found on the other parts. The 2 E/655 are the military acceptance stamps and the other two eagles are the test proofs. 42 was the last year of Luger production for Mauser. Pictures will help if you can get them posted.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
lanza...... Welcome to the Forum. The BYF on the top is a code for Mauser who was the maker. Over the chamber you will find either 41 or 42 and that is the year of manufacture. There should be a full serial number on the front of the frame, on the bottom of the barrel and on the L/H side of the receiver. The last 2 numbers should be found on the other parts. The 2 E/655 are the military acceptance stamps and the other two eagles are the test proofs. 42 was the last year of Luger production for Mauser. Pictures will help if you can get them posted.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome aboard....if you go to the forum for the WWII era pistols there is a thread about the 41-42 byf pistols that has several pics you can check out. The byf designation is for a Mauser-made pistol, checking the top of the chamber, the "41" or "42" are actually the years of production, 1941 or 1942. If you can check those and then post the serial number of the pistol found on the front of the grip strap (is there a small, lower case script letter underneath the number?) the guys here can help you further. There is even a chart showing the script letters so you can tell the "r" form the "f" or the "u" from the "v"....

After you get some help in resizing your pics to under 300 kbs you can post them, but this should get you started.

Good Luck

·
Registered
408 Posts
Welcome aboard....if you go to the forum for the WWII era pistols there is a thread about the 41-42 byf pistols that has several pics you can check out. The byf designation is for a Mauser-made pistol, checking the top of the chamber, the "41" or "42" are actually the years of production, 1941 or 1942. If you can check those and then post the serial number of the pistol found on the front of the grip strap (is there a small, lower case script letter underneath the number?) the guys here can help you further. There is even a chart showing the script letters so you can tell the "r" form the "f" or the "u" from the "v"....

After you get some help in resizing your pics to under 300 kbs you can post them, but this should get you started.

Good Luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats guys i will try 2 resize the pic's on the frount part there is a 551 then on all the other parts there are just 51 i will look for other # but i didnot see any .....also is this luger worth any thing my granpa left them 2 me with 3 others and one has a case with a dager in it then i have one with japaanese marks on it with wood handles the other luger has what looks like threads on the tipof the barrel ((( no sites ))) the barrel looks a lot longer then the others

·
Administrator
15,542 Posts
Jim, take lots of pictures, to help, we really need more info.

Some thing like: Dagger, 13 inches, silver like handle, soligen on blade, etc.

Picture added for Jim, above.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats... i email you a pic of the one i put up here frist... the dagger is silver (i think) it got german writting on it and it fits in a leather box with a lugger and 2 clips i got all of this from my grandpa he had a bar in staten island ny were the ships cane in,, my dad said that he got it from the slodiers ,,, how does one sell stuff like this i dont want 2 send to much a onces thats why i ask for info on the one i figer that it would be easyer to find out about them one at a time

Download Attachment: Hpim0526[1].jpg
32.77 KB

Download Attachment: Hpim0543[1].jpg
16.3 KB

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Jim..... The grips look to be black plastic which would be proper for either a 41 or 42 BYF Luger. Look on the top of the gun where the barrel meets the receiver and I think you will find one of those two dates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.