Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Plz Help Date and evaluate this Radom bnz P35(b) found in "War Trunk" of Relative

7K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  mike radford 
#1 ·
Hello, I found this weapon in a Locked "War Trunk" brought home by a relative. This handgun along with a "Mauser HSc" inside it's Holster. Below are some magnified images of the markings found on both sides of the weapon. I was hoping that it might aid in identification and dating of the Handgun. I will also be posting pics of the Mauser in the appropriate thread. Any Information about this awesome Handgun, I would appreciate it. Also, Any idea why this handgun will only load correctly when I only load 4 rounds in clip. when loading more, it fails to load the round. (Both Magazines). The number on the side seems to be "k7122". also, the heart image I assume was carved by the Soldier the Handgun was issued to, it is located on the Slide release. Also, there is a German Eagle stamp on Holster, just not sure how visible it is in picture.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! That appears to be a terrific very latewar, early '45 Radom from the Steyr plant. More full-size pictures of the gun and holster would help the guys here with providing more information. From what I can see, the one magazine follower is correct for a latewar Radom, as well as the stamping on the holster. But again, pics of the hloster itself would be more helpful. The phosphate green finish on the gun and the wood grips are all correct for a 2nd K-block Radom, but we need to see the whole gun.

Thank you!
Dave

#3 ·
I would love to see more pictures also, especially the inside of the grips. Those grips seem to have a lot of finish while the norm is little to no finish. The guns looks good so far, from the limited pictures.

I agree with Dave on the magazines. The late war mag is especially desirable. Never heard of such a loading problem with them though.

Also would love to see more of the holster. I am no holster expert but I do not recall the (p) being mis-stamped as a (b) but nothing surprises me. The P-35(b) is the Browning HP.

#5 ·
A factory error on the holster stamp would not surprise me. BNZ did quite a bit of that Also, finding a pistol in holster made for another pistol is pretty common too, even as an untouched bring back.

The assembly roll pins seem to have been taken out and the pistol disassembled. That is always a concern for me. Hopefully we will see a blue hammer and rear sight in further pictures.

#9 · (Edited)
Radom Holster and other photos

Hi there, Thank you so very much for the answers and comments... I took other photo's specific to some of the inquiries. I hope this is good. I am not very keen on dismantling the handle, however, I tried to get a photo down inside magazine chamber. if there is and other angles or photo's of specific areas of either the sidearm, or holster.
Thanks again for any and all info you can inform me about this handgun.

:eek:
Hi,
Sorry, the photos did not load correctly... I am hoping this fixes the issue. The Heart Symbol is on one of the photo's in first post... The Hammer and V sight on rear of gun ARE blued. I hope these photos are enough to help with identification and evaluating it. I am interested in selling this and the HSc... By the way, I have the photo's in my albums and I have them set as Not private... Hopefully everyone will be able to see them. if not please message me and I will see what I can do to fix it.
as I had mentioned, I am not keen on trying to remove the grips, so I took photo's down in clip entry. I am hoping this is sufficient for the answer from one of the users who asked about the Grips. (I can attest to the fact that I have not EVER disassembled This handgun.) I cannot say it wasn't 'before' it was placed in the trunk and locked so many years ago.
If anyone has any idea how much a Handgun like this would sell for, as well as the HSc, I am very interested in finding this information as I am looking to sell Both of them. (if this kind of discussion is not allowed on this board, I apologize.)

#10 ·
Hi,
Very nice find, indeed.
All the markings you show thru magnifying glass are the inspectors marks done at factory not soldiers in the field.
I cannot see the pictures from your latest post for some reason. Is it me or anybody else?
As for the magazine loading, I had a weak spring in one of my German made and it will only load the first 2-3 rounds from the full clip of 8 but you say it is an opposite here, correct? Then it is strange. I will try to load all my late mags and see what happens. However keep in mind that this gun was one of the last put together ( only 2000 or so more till the end) when production was dead and they were just putting together pistols from already made parts since factory moved from Radom in Poland to Znoimo in Czech republic. They had many problems to restart production and probably never did. I have one K block that would not let you press the trigger using right hand but is ok with the left, the little difference in the angle when finger presses makes a difference.
Mags despite their different looks are correct. The simple bend steel follower is later.
The same serial number should also be visible on the slide's edge when you cock the slide and look upside down.
Again, very nice pistol, great condition.
Hope you find more to share ....

#12 ·
More Photo's have been uploaded to my Albums as well, I made them Public so everyone can see them due to limitations of size allowed in posts... Please take a look at what I have uploaded. These Items are for sale as a LOT. I normally would not even consider sellling. if someone could please give me an Idea as to what they might sell for. I have several other items that would be included in the Lot including the Three "Mother's Medals" (Bronze, Silver and Gold) that were given by Hitler for 3,5 and 7 Children for his Youth Program. Unfortunately, there are no lanyards/ribbons attached, however, there is a Date and signature on the back with the date and Hitler's name on it. They will be included as well as the Photo Album from WWI... This Photo Album was put together by my other Relative who was an Aerial Photographer with the 1st AD in France. ( the photo album, I was told, should be in a Museum due to its contents.) there are also 18 photo postcards from service members and the area they served in during World War 1!
any Idea as to what this Lot could fetch would greatly help me to make sure the collection gets into the correct hands so they can be taken care of by someone with Knowledge and Desire to Keep the History Alive.
Thank you for any information you can give. Please look back at the post from before, the pictures were uploaded and now show correctly, I hope!

#14 ·
I believe the holster could be for a Browning High Power. Steyr did make both Radom and High Power holsters. They look almost identical. Usually the only way to spot them is the larger magazine pouch. This one seems to have a larger magazine pouch as the Radom mag seems to be swimming in it. Tough holster to find.

Matt:cool:

#16 ·
Dave,

It could be. I certainly can't tell for sure from the photos provided.

I've attached some photos of some High Power holsters though in case others are not aware of what I am referring to.

Matt:cool:

Attachments

#17 ·
Yours is definitely for an HP, Matt. Very cool!!!!! But, the one posted has a single stack-sized pouch. One thing John taught me is the Germans were extremely praticular when it came to sizing magazine pouches because they wanted the mag to fit, yet fit nice and tight so it doesn't fall out. Some do stretch with age, but not usually double the depth. He said the length is almost always dead-on as well. He uses that to tell which pistol a praticular holster was made for since some common holsters look almost the same.

#18 ·
Awesome pistol. The rear pins do not appear to have been removed, they look factory installed to me. No idea on grip finish but looking at them from inside the mag well it appears that may be original finish, along with the grip screws look in the original, unturned positions also. I would not touch a thing on that pistol. Its great as is.

The loading of rounds may be as simple as pulling the slide all the way back then letting it go (not follow it forward with your hand). May also need more lube in the pistol. Regardless, do not shoot it as there is far too much chance of damaging a valuable, historical pistol.

The holster is a mismarked VIS holster that was marked for the High Power instead of the VIS. Should have a p at the end instead of b. I know this because a foreign "VIS Expert" member here a long time ago derided me for making the mistake of assuming a High Power marked holster must be for a High Power and not a VIS.

#21 ·
Thank You All for taking the time to look at and post to my messages...
Please have a look at my Albums on my Profile, as there are photo's of the Mauser HSc, and the WWI Photo Album.
Please Message me if Interested in Obtaining the Entire Collection. I have Many other photo's however, with space limited, I won't be filling up the space with them, if interested, I can send any and all photo's to those who are interested.

#22 ·
The roll pins, with new pics and as mentioned, look OK. Grips that dark are not unheard of but uncommon, typical is little to no finish. The Germans were bad to add motor oil or whatever to weatherproof wood. I can not see the proof inside but I can remove these grips and one can ever know. It just takes care and the proper screw driver(if they resist give up). I can also usually get a photo of the proof inside the grip without removal. Pretty nice gun. No need to worry about the mags function IMO.

I am in NC and could be interested but do not need a group of stuff unless trade items are involved. Good stuff regardless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.