Download Attachment: Image8.jpg
92 KB

Download Attachment: Image9.jpg
47.35 KB

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Ed,

Great pictures - thanks! A quick question - is that Eagle proof correct? It looks like it was "scratched on" rather then any form of being stamped?

My Best to you,

John

·
Administrator
15,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In person it looks better, and appears stamped? It does have some slight damage right on that area. Its serial number is odd for a "Commerical" and then police. I am guessing that it was added later to a police unit and this magazine "matched" to the gun?

Ed

·
Administrator
15,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But, John, I don't really know, I "want" it to be real, but it could ahve been added?

ed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Ed..!

Well - personally - and with a huge caveat I may be corrected, as it is definately outside my area - the reason I asked my original question is that I've never seen a stamp like that - but again, I only have very limited exposure to Police/Commercial pieces or accessories? Maybe we should wait for those who do know these, to share their thoughts..?

Best to you Ed..!

John

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ed, I find nothing wrong with this, other then condition. It would fit what some call a 1908/1920/1933 Luger...I guess to cover all bases. I am sure it was issued with a 1908 model police rework...I sure hope so as I have a few Police this way...one with two mathed mags so marked....

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Similar police magazine stamps are shown on page 78 and 79 of Costanzo. As they are found on aluminum bottom magazines, I would guess that they date from about 1925 to the mid 1930's and are found on police Lugers. As stated by Policeluger, they are found on 1908/1920/1933 Lugers often as replacement magazines.
Jan

G

·
I have one very similar to the one pictured but with a four digit number. How rare are these? I have never seen another one except for the one in this topic.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
42 1938

reviving an old post to show you that others exist.Haenel schmisser Police Magazine with dove proof. Stamped with the number one in police fashion. This magazine tube is as near mint as you can get.

It came in a dutch luger years ago.

Download Attachment: Haenelmagazine 001.jpg
216.5 KB

Download Attachment: Haenelmagazine 002.jpg
190.92 KB

Download Attachment: Haenelmagazine 003.jpg
191.89 KB

Redone last two pictures as they were fuzzy

Download Attachment: Haenelmagazine2 001.jpg
244.72KB

Download Attachment: Haenelmagazine2 002.jpg
190.1KB

·
Registered
402 Posts
42 1938, I would not consider this mag rare, and that word gets misused a bit, I would guess at top range it would be a $200 mag and I've got a small box full of them. Easy to find clip, with the bigger dealers always having several on hand...

·
Administrator
15,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, Howard, I haven't seen very many of these myself. Reminds me, I need to see what tools you might have and what they are marked with?

Ed

·
Registered
402 Posts
As to H/S clips, I just bought one off LF a few weeks ago, at $200 a pop you can have all I got, lots of tools for sale all stamped with a police # or city and weapon #. I'll send you a PM soon and start listing them on Ebay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.