Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a guy who works at a local gun/pawn shop showed me a very nice luger a dwm 1917 bluing is 99% straw is around 90% no pitting i belive it is a police gun it has two matching magizines metal base one has a one the other has a 2 came with a schambach&co berlin 1940 police style closer strap with eagle l tool i know without pictures it hard to tell much but what would the value be in the condition i desribed and is it a police gun thanks.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bigron

Magazines are incorrect for the luger, you may have a forced match magazine with your 1917 luger. Is it possible to post photo's.

Magazines that are period correct for your luger would have wooden bases. numbers would be small lettering running left to right. Sounds as if you have Third reich era magazines with imperial luger.

I try not to place a value on US guns as that is not my place.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Hi Ron,
The primary thing to look for in identifying a police Luger is the sear safety. Rarely are they found without it. The flat dogleg bar that rests on the sideplate. As far as value, does it have any unit markings on the grip strap? This may or may not affect the value.
A nice clean police, with the correct holster could range from $800 to $1200 if everything matches, including mags.

Ron

Download Attachment: Sear safety.JPG
171.48KB

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does not have the sear safty,if it is a reblue it is the best i have seen better then bill adir who redone my union signal&switch 45 someone had reblued it before i got it hi polish blue at that,i only say 99 because it is better then my s/42 i got from simpson at 97% or that what my gunsmith told me the blueing was,the gun is not for sale the guy who showed it to me is a collector he also showed me a nazi tangent i tryed to buy but wont sell it ether he just asked me if i could find out how much it was worth any any details about it any info on the holster?

·
Administrator
15,532 Posts
We can take guesses, but it is much easier in real life, 2nd best is with lots of clear, larger pictures. Otherwise, they are just guesses, and you might as well go to Simpons LTD and compare retail prices there.

Ed

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bigron

The police holster is also common as an eagle/L holster is not rare and condition is everything. Should the holster be 99% then big bucks for that one would be in order.

Ed is correct, photo's are important to assess value and sight unseen is only a guess at best. His suggestion to compare some of the online prices from the retailers is a good start but I have found that the asking and selling price is two different things in the retail market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.