Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VIS in the picture was supposedly brought back from the war by a distant relative. Has anyone seen a set of grips like these on a late war VIS or is this something a G.I. or someone stateside handmade? It was given to me by a relative in a P38 holster.

I also just picked up an earlier model with the takedown lever. It has a slightly different mag than what I usually see pictured. The mag on the left is a VIS mag with the waffenmark. The mag on the right came with the earlier pistol. It's made slightly different and has no waffenmark. It appears to be a fairly old magazine. Is this something aftermarket or from another gun?

The gun and mags are covered in grease, so the photo isn't the best.

Download Attachment: P1010038.JPG
184.71KB

·
Registered
839 Posts
Some late mags have a follower like P.38 magazines. There may also be a very, very small Waffenamt (Eagle over 623, which was used by Steyr) on the side of the magazine near the bottom. Sometimes hard to see. Not sure about the grips, don't look like any of the variations I have seen before.
Dean

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gun and mags have been cleaned. They are just covered in RIG for storage. The flash made it look much worse than it actually is. the magazine in question has no markes. I took a second look at it. I didn't think the grease would hurt with the grips or mag i.d.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.