Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, which is real and which is the repro? I got the first one (A) with my 1935 GNR and think that it is real. the second (B) came with my 1906 M2 and it was represented as a repro.

COMMENTS?

Download Attachment: a.JPG
181.36KB

Download Attachment: b.JPG
255.01KB

Download Attachment: c.JPG
89.87KB

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Doug, gunsmiths here in Berlin have told me that these oilers were supplied to DWM by a number of (small) sub-contractors. Most of them on the (German) market came back from Portugal - together with a load of holsters - some time ago. Patrick

Download Attachment: DWM-oiler.jpg
31.6KB

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hello Doug
I send you some pics but on bender if you have see page 113 for the gewindeprofil about 2.11mm so 1/12" and page 120 for the barrel page 121 for all the rod
I have lot of rod fake and original

Download Attachment: bag_1.jpg
52.72KB

See the "screw"

Download Attachment: bag_2.jpg
54.5KB

The little dif. on bottom

Download Attachment: bag_4.jpg
79.76KB

And the dif. connection between the rod and the barrel

Download Attachment: bag_3.jpg
41.96KB
I hope you will have fun with it...........Pat

·
Registered
411 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LU1900

Hello Doug
I send you some pics but on bender if you have see page 113 for the gewindeprofil about 2.11mm so 1/12" and page 120 for the barrel page 121 for all the rod

52.72 KB

See the "screw"

54.5 KB

79.76 KB

41.96 KB
LU1900
What is your opinion on the pictured Portuguese cleaning rod? On one end of the barrel there is a circle with KK over 10 inside and another circle with the number 5 inside.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and thanks again.

Download Attachment: Mvc-001f.jpg
46.24KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-002f.jpg
54.12KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-003f.jpg
38.37KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-004f.jpg
46.57KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-005f.jpg
58.61KB

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The relevant drawings (signed by GL) in Bender (Fettbüchse) are on pages 120/121. The only difference that I can discern is the small step between the ring around the cylinder and the shaft which is not in the drawing.

BUT as many of these accessories (tools etc) were made by outside workshops, slight differences are only to be expected and I´d think it almost impossible to state whether any of these items are fakes or genuine. BTW, the drawing states explicitly that the item is made of iron.

High quality brass cleaning rods were made by Mauser much later for their "commemoration" Lugers.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
As a follow on: Bender only contains one photo of the grease/oiler under the caption "Portuguese Combination Oiler and Cleaning Rod" (page 437). This type of cleaning rod was almost certainly never officially issued to service units in Germany.

- I´ve never seen one with a German service stamp.

Like the Portuguese round leather strap lanyards, this is an item that is hard to associate with Germany. Maybe a number of these cleaning rods were even made in Portugal.

Patrick

·
Registered
411 Posts
quote:Originally posted by eroane

quote:Originally posted by LU1900

Hello Doug

52.72 KB

See the "screw"

54.5 KB

79.76 KB

41.96 KB
LU1900
What is your opinion on the pictured Portuguese cleaning rod? On one end of the barrel there is a circle with KK over 10 inside and another circle with the number 5 inside.
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and thanks again.

46.24 KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-002f.jpg
54.12 KB

38.37 KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-004f.jpg
46.57 KB

58.61 KB
Hello all
These are a few photos of three more Portuguese cleaning rod I believe to be original.The un-threaded ends appear to have been used as the pin-punch hammer.
Thanks again
Ed

60.18KB

53.64KB

50.48KB

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Ed, I accept that there are differences between these rods. Most of them are quite roughly made with file marks etc. I still find it hard to pronounce which are fakes (or not). The stamp on one of your pics. looks somewhat like the Portuguese (Henry) cross. The trouble ist that there are no other stamps or acceptance marks to go by. If DWM ordered them locally for their Porrtuguese contract, they would be bound to differ from one supplier to the next. And would it even be worth faking this item? I could buy one cheaper over here than have it made.
Patrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.