Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

potential first luger P08 artillery gun buy

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  martin08 
#1 ·
Hello, thanks for those who sponsor this form, lots of information. As I have titled it, I have the opportunity to purchase a Luger P08 artillery gun. I know most of the numbers match. There is a little bit of rust all over it. Manufacturer is DWM. Under the safety switch is "GESICHERT". Magazine is an FXO Bakelite Bottom from the 1940-1945 which has some damage. The barrel is 8" long. There are a few parts missing like a holster, cleaning rod, stock, and adjustment tool. I'm just trying to find out information about the gun and see what it would be worth? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

See less See more
#7 ·
YIKES! Put the pistol down gently and back away. It's Pandora's box. DON'T open the lid! Everywhere I look Bubba has somehow monkeyed with this. It's ugly AND dangerous. Best to look elsewhere.

#12 ·
The barrel appears to be "tight", what kikeformad shows is a "short" frame and a shadow.
Frame length reduced and probably re-numbered to match.
JMHO.

#14 ·
In picture #4, it looks to me that the receiver may be slightly proud of the frame. To the right side of the barrel flange shows what may be the receiver rail extending beyond the frame, giving the appearance of a gap. A new picture of just the receiver/barrel juncture from the side would resolve the issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.