Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a prewar pp r.f.v. marked and I would like some info on the holster and magazine. The holster has a police style closer strap and under strap is eagle WaA933. A oakleaf with a 9 in the center with 1943 at the base, its all inside some type of scroll work. The stiching looks more orange then white, could be dirty. The magazine has a walther banner pp 7,65m/m.

I would be gratefull for any info. thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
hello ron...the holster u have is for a mauser hsc...it is pictured in whittington's vol 3 pg 150 and in bender's book pg 98...it most likely has a waA 938 proof not a 933 number...according to both books these holsters were manufactured by the firm of albert kind...as for the mag its a later war variation...yours should only have the walther banner and no 7.65m/m marking...i'm assuming that the serial range of your gun is in the 900,000 range...hope this helps!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes that does help. is there any way to tell when my pistol was made the seral no. is 985395. you are right abouht the 3 being an 8 . i wounder how it got all mixed up the gun store i bought it from got it from the son of a decessed veteren. thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ron I'm not the expert on dates of manufacture, that is Dieter's
area...but judging from the serial number i would say 1937, Dieter can tell you a more exact date than me...as for the late war wooden grips they could have been replaced at some point since the originals may have been damaged or broken which is not real hard to do... the proper ones for your era gun would the the black weighted type...the later war mag is not too uncommon as mags were swapped around all the time...the proper one for your gun would be with the walther banner only...the hsc holster again is not all that strange many guns came back in the wrong holsters, and many guns are of close enough size to fit(i.e. pp,ppk,38h,hsc,etc.)...my AC Variation E/F PP came back in a CZ 27 holster...both were mint and bought direct from the vet, and this is how he said he captured the rig...hope this helps out

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info do you know any place i can get a pair of grips if not origanal repos then. and do you know where i can get an original mag. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.