Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Men,

I have very little info re. the characteristics of POST-war PP's or their mags. Would appreciate your help identifying a magazine.

Just received PP police e/c S#345007 (procurement 2,0000, Axis Pistols p.228), but need backup opinions re. magazine before I start raising heck with seller.

I know that the general rule is that a bright follower indicates post war, blue follower indicates war-time or pre-war. This S#345007 indicates manufacture in first half of 1944 (Marschall p.16).

Do you know of exception to the bright follower rule that could explain this magazine?
Did post war PP mags have a banner and caliber marking like this one.
Is this a post war mag., and why or why not ?
What $ value would you put on a correct wartime PP mag with finger grip extension?

Thanks,
Pancho
Download Attachment: Mag-PP-Postwar-1a.jpg
249.93 KB

·
Registered
143 Posts
Pancho,

The mag in the pic is without a doubt post war...all pre-46 mags have blued followers..and the markings are smaller as well as having a "/" between the m/m...post war ones are marked as yours is 7.65mm.

·
Registered
143 Posts
oh the going rate i seem to be seeing on wartime/prewar mags for the PP with black (original) finger ext mags are about $150...flat bottoms seem to go for $50 or so

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a rare pistol, and I want to keep it.
Looks like I will need to talk the seller into sending me back $100 .
Spoke with seller. Nice fellow. Said he would send me back $75.
Were I he, it's what I would have done. Again, a nice fellow.
Sent him the forum address also.
Here's the pistol:

Download Attachment: PP-Police-EC-1.jpg
282.99KB

Download Attachment: PP-Police-EC-2.jpg
298.96KB

·
Registered
143 Posts
nice gun..any eagle c pp is tuff to find...the lanyard loop is a post war french upgrade too...with that being said its still a rarer pp and nice shape too! congrats

1 - 6 of 6 Posts