1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
9,894 Posts
Peter, can you elucidate so we can discuss what you have never seen before?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jerry,

I'm assuming that Peter is referring to the bogus waffenampt eagle proof just below the AKAH trade mark. Simpson even puts in the description "nazi eagle proof???" So they know it's fake as well.
It's really a shame, as this is a very nice Akah leading edge holster.

Matt:cool:

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
I have a brown leading edge AKAH sans the waf...Bill

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peter, can you elucidate so we can discuss what you have never seen before?
Jerry,
It is of my opinion of all among 20+ PP/PPK Holsters made by Akah I do not have nor seen one that has anything at all below there mfg. mark. As I look at the eagle and the mfg. mark the eagle looks about the same width as the mfg. mark (the mfg. mark on my Holsters measure about 15mm and the the eagle on some other Holsters measure about 10mm. So my conclusion is, the eagle does not belong on this holster. But I very much believe, Jerry you do have your answer already to your question, so please let me know what it is and correct my thinking.
Happy Hunting!
Peter

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
9,894 Posts
Jerry,
It is of my opinion of all among 20+ PP/PPK Holsters made by Akah I do not have nor seen one that has anything at all below there mfg. mark. As I look at the eagle and the mfg. mark the eagle looks about the same width as the mfg. mark (the mfg. mark on my Holsters measure about 15mm and the the eagle on some other Holsters measure about 10mm. So my conclusion is, the eagle does not belong on this holster. But I very much believe, Jerry you do have your answer already to your question, so please let me know what it is and correct my thinking.
Happy Hunting!
Peter
Peter, I am sorry to disappoint but no, I took such a quick look at Simpson's offering that the WaA marking below the AKAH escaped my notice! I asked because I wanted a hint of what the problem might have been to look further!
As it seems, I have looked at I suspect many AKAH holsters and have never before observed one with a WaA of any sort. Not conclusive of course but I can see no reason that a commercial AKAH would need an acceptance mark for the German Army. German Officers may have procured a pistol & holster in a private purchase as we all know. No reason I can think of for a WaA..except to add NAZI to a sale description?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Well, it is a PP holster, but I bought this rig about 40 years before here in Germany. A long time before the fakery of leather goods came up here. At that time only a very few were interrested on this kind of leather.

Some more of this particular holsters with the swastika stamp are reported and documented ( DWJ = Deutsches Waffenjournal ) here, however, the meaning is unknown.

The shown holsters above are fakes for shure.

Fritz

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Fritz, very nice Early pp. much nicer shape than mine. I actually have one but mine is one of the few where the acceptance mark is on the rear tang instead of stacked! Interesting that you bought yours 40 years ago as a rig. I agree, probably not as many being faked back then as we see now. I will throw this out there just to keep an open mind. Just as those first contracts were marked differently. Yours marked stacked and mine marked on the tang, I could see where they may have taken commercial holsters on hand to fill the very first military contract and therefore put a property proof of some sort on it before they decided what they were actually going to do.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Forty years ago many stamps were being produced and liberally applied to guns and holsters here in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts