Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y’all,

I have the PPk high polish banner only magazine and noticed recently it is numbered on the spine. I am not super familiar with the numbering styles and am guessing it’s a Police magazine. Can anyone confirm my thinking here?

Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Electronic device Office equipment

Looking forward to hearing about it, and would love an approximate value too please.

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
562 Posts
It's a variation 4, "K" under, RSHA/SS magazine. Serial range on the variation four is 206xxxK- 234xxxK. The "K" is under the serial number on these rather than after the numbers.

Here's a link I posted on WAF about 21 years ago. Information still holds true today.
RSHA/SS Procured Walther PPk Variations - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Does it match your gun? I've attached photos of a variation 4, with 2 matched magazines.

Matt:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a variation 4, "K" under, RSHA/SS magazine. Serial range on the variation four is 206xxxK- 234xxxK. The "K" is under the serial number on these rather than after the numbers.

Here's a link I posted on WAF about 21 years ago. Information still holds true today.
RSHA/SS Procured Walther PPk Variations - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Does it match your gun? I've attached photos of a variation 4, with 2 matched magazines.

Matt:cool:
Thank you so much for confirming my hunch. The rig I lucked into is a commercial gun circa 1941. The SS magazine was in a ziploc bag in the gun rug that contained the pistol and finger extension magazine. I didn’t realize the flat bottom magazine was numbered until I get home and was looking over everything. What a pleasant surprise it was when I saw the numbered magazine.

Is there an orphan magazine list? It would be great to get this magazine back to its original pistol.
if not, I would certainly appreciate any guidance on value, either here or via PM. I look forward to any input on value and thank anyone in advance.

And HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts