Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I picked up a holster today, and would greatly appreciate any comments on it's origins and what or who it was made for, or if it is a blaring fake. First, the holster is of standard size for a PPK, BUT it is made from some sort of hard plastic material, it does not look like a pressed paper. it has a small crack in the top flap about one inch long, otherwise it is really nice, with minimal scratches/scrapes. unmarked except for the eagle in the top flap. I'll let the pictures do the talking for this one. I'd be interested in a approximate value also, if possible.
Let me know what you all think!
Thanks for any info.
Matt

Download Attachment: DSC00002.JPG
9.87KB

Download Attachment: DSC00001.JPG
10.71KB

Download Attachment: DSC00006.JPG
20.32KB

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Matt; When showing a holster such as this, ALWAYS show the holster with the holddown strap fasten. It appears to be the real original plastic holster from the 1940 time line and of course, is not for the PPK as it clearly shows to be too large of a holster for such size pistol but rather for the PP. If my memory severs me correctly, might there be some markings on the inside of lower flap ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:Originally posted by huggiebear

Matt; When showing a holster such as this, ALWAYS show the holster with the holddown strap fasten. It appears to be the real original plastic holster from the 1940 time line and of course, is not for the PPK as it clearly shows to be too large of a holster for such size pistol but rather for the PP. If my memory severs me correctly, might there be some markings on the inside of lower flap ?
Hi,
Thanks, I did actually think that it was for a PP model...but put ppk in the posting without thinking...lol...
I didn't want to fasten it because the plastic "feels" brittle and didn't want to risk further damage. it might not break, but I didn't want to risk it. thanks for the advice, I will remember that the next pictures I take.
And I looked again in a brighter light, and there are no markings at all anywhere, except for the large eagle on the top. I wish there were to properly ID it.
having never seen any plastic holsters before, are they hard to find?
Thanks for the info so far.
Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steif,

In my opinion, your 'Party Leader' holster appears to be incorrect based on the images you have provided. I see three flaws which are:

1) The stitching lacks quality workmanship and it looks careless;
2) The thread on a genuine holster is suppose to be orangy in color whereas the thread on your holster appears white;
3) The stamping of the eagle on the flap appears to be done by an amateur.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Albert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by Luger1900

Steif,

In my opinion, your 'Party Leader' holster appears to be incorrect based on the images you have provided. I see three flaws which are:

1) The stitching lacks quality workmanship and it looks careless;
2) The thread on a genuine holster is suppose to be orangy in color whereas the thread on your holster appears white;
3) The stamping of the eagle on the flap appears to be done by an amateur.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Albert
Hi,
No dissapointment, I bought it thinking it might be faked, or if I'm lucky not. I am just trying to find the correct id for this....
If it is fake, we need to add it to the counterfit collection, and I'll supply the pictures to anyone that wants them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:Originally posted by Pancho

Yes.
Kindly send photos of the fake/fantasy PP Ehrenwaffen holster,
especially details of the NSDAP eagle.
Would like to compare it with the real marking.
Thanks.
Hi,
Will do, I just bought a new camera and I am trying to take some good clear pictures with it, and will send them to you.
Thanks for all the info from everyone!!
Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, everyone I posted new closer pictures of this holster, I'm still trying to figure out this new camera, I'm having to run the pictures from the kodak image station to another program to reduce their size...I'll figure it out one of these days...lol
I didn't do that good of a job on the eagle picture, but I hope you will get a better view of it from this pic.
as always opinions are welcome.
Thanks again everyone!
Matt

Download Attachment: 100_0097.JPG
31.13KB

Download Attachment: 100_0096.JPG
19.64KB

Download Attachment: 100_0099.JPG
23.53KB

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,110 Posts
Steif, I am no expert in the field of Party Leader holsters but this one looks like it has some quality at least. It is certainly not real but an interesting fake in my opinion.

I do not believe the High Nazi Officials this type of holster was intended for would tolerate this type of plastic material. I cannot recall any holster that has crossed my repair bench being made of plastic. I have seen cardboard liners, canvas, even pressed paper but these were for lesser pistols like flare pistols for the troops, not Party leaders. You have an interesting oddity. Thanks for showing it, Jerry Burney

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think that this PL holster was an NSDAP export to Japan, since the eagle's elongated neck makes it look like either Rodan or Godzilla. Seems I recall that there was also a more compact panzer model made to fit beneath a size 12 rubber reptile foot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all,
Actually it's funny you mentioned Japan, because I was thinking last night about it might just be japanese made...lol...
I have had several of the "working model" replicas that were from japan in the late 60's and 70's...could this have been a holster to one of those replica models? the last walther PP I had was a very good copy and from a foot away it looked real, it had the "party leader" style grips on it as well, the ones with the big eagle at the top....it just occured to me that I bet this was a holster to one of those models.
Just a thought on this...
Thanks again everyone..
Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Rock Island Auction web site is showing a vinyl Party Leader's PP holster without the vinyl PL belt that should go with it. The estimated price range is 2 to 3 thousand dollars???
So keep yours, it may be worth more than you think. I have seen other vinyl PL holsters, so I don't think yours is a fake. Here is the URL to view the vinyl PL holster:

http://www.rockislandauction.com/newRetItem.php3?InventoryNumber=GGG1011-32

Harry

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Harry , I think you'er right. It looks like the same holster to me.
Matt it looks like you may have hit the jack-pot. Unless Rock Island is being duped. I would have passed it up.

Ron

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Matt,

You might want to hit that holster with UV (Black) light. If the stitching glows it is a reproduction. Real cotton thread will not have synthetic fiber in it.

Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.