Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Pre war DWM

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnS3 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I acquired this piece a few years ago as a post deployment present to myself. It is numbers matching and if I'm not mistaken a pre war piece which was carried through the war and into the weimar era hence the 1920 date. It also is marked to a machine gun company of the 94th infantry regiment. Items from the regiment itself are scarce and a luger from one of their machine gun companies couldn't be passed up. I hope you all enjoy!

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Wood Bumper Metal Nickel Natural material
Gun accessory Air gun Nickel Metal Everyday carry
Wood Everyday carry Knife Strap Metal
Green Grass Water Metal Fashion accessory
Wood Metal Bicycle part Cylinder Steel
Natural material Wood Household hardware Metal Art
Thumb Nickel Household hardware Wood Fashion accessory

See less See more
#4 ·
I'd have to pull my books out, but it sure looks like it has no stock lug, which makes it before mid year 1913 - I think its a 1910 ? But others will know. Its a very nice luger and very nice holster!

#6 ·
I believe that may be 1909 production, the acceptance marks being on the left side. I believe they were only marked that way the first year of production. Yours also may be a first shipment gun. Very Cool !

Reactions: USN
#8 ·
So far I can see details on the pics on my phone it is a first issue Luger, double C/E proofed, the 2261. gun of the first50000 guns delivered to the German Army, issued to the 94. Infantry Regiment (I think it was stationed in Oldenburg, if I remember correct) and still issed to the Army in 1920 in the 100000 men Army of the post war time. It's a nice collectible gun...thank's for sharing

#10 ·
It is a First Issued, made in 1909. Machine guns companies were the first ones to get the P08s.
Full WWI service and later in Weimar Republic. Fantastic history in this one.
Very collectable!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

#12 ·
I didn´t remember correct, Infantie Regiment Großherzog von Sachen (5. Thüringisches) Nr. 94 stationed in Weimar, was part of the 38. Infantry Division and saw action in the eastern front in 1914 and 1915 until 9. Oktober 1915 when it fought on the western front at the Aisne. In 1916 came Verdun and hill 304 (!), then Somme and from 1917 on Flanders. To own a gun that saw action in Verdun, Somme and Flanders is a privilege. Be happy!

#14 ·
It does have a deep history and I think most people have this opinion with their collectibles but I wish this piece could talk. This is one of a few imperial german pieces I plan on building displays around, unfortunately the helmets and other items that match this unit cost about twice as much as I paid for the gun!

#15 · (Edited)
Probably mid 1909 off hand. It is a 1908 first issue that got the 1920 property mark in the Weimar era. Nice pistol. The 94th was part of the 38th Division and saw action early on in Belgium, and Poland. Later in 1915 transferred to the western front. Verdun, Somme, Flanders, Passchendaele area to name a few. The division saw heavy action, and loses. John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.