Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David
my S/42 is in a bad shape it was waterdemaged (only outside)after Hurricans, I purschased this gun for 250 bucks with a very nice Holster from 1916 dated. Are you thinking, it's better this old pistol with pitting than a restoration from Ted ? Please help me by my decision.

· Registered
841 Posts
Hans,

If the outside of the Luger is as bad as you indicate it has lost any collector/collectible value. I would think it is a perfect candidate for the magic of Mr. Ted Green. He is a top notch and professional restorer/reconditioner with "top marks" from any I have heard reports from. I would cast my vote that you restore it and visit with Ted about what it will cost and your various restore options. Ask Ted to email you some pictures of before and after of some of the Lugers he has touched. I think the end results will be a Luger of great beauty and something to be extremely proud of!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pete,
I was in this web-site and I watch the pictures, very nice, I think I have to spend 400.00 $ for this restoration.
Thank you, Pete

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Hans,
Ted has helped me two or three times.He is a nice guy.
He was picked by the Gunmakers guild to work on their
"2005 Gun of the Year" this is a High honor, showing that they think the world of him.

You are in good hands with him.I have found his work is of a much higher quality than others.

Be well,
broomhandle

· Registered
153 Posts
Broomhandle, actually I volunteered to do that gun in trade for an advertisement for my restoration business. I really was not "asked" to do it. It was a team effort gun, all I did was the rust bluing, strawing, and fire bluing part of the work. I believe it was a good investment for my business. Thanks for the kind words. This Luger will appear in a soon to be on news stands issue of the American Handgunner. Here are a couple of advanced pictures taken by their photographer.

Download Attachment: Pic2small.JPG
49.26KB

Download Attachment: Pic4small.JPG
261.67KB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for all your help,
Thor can do it for me, and other one too, from a friend of me.

Thanks a lot, and marry X-mas

· Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,460 Posts
Not being familiar with Mr. Morgans work I can say neither yea nor nae but I have seen Teds up close on many occasions. If I need a pistol restored the work will go to Ted Green.Ted is also very familiar with the trigger mechanics of the Luger pistol and has performed a miracle with problem pistols of mine.
I have not seen Mr. Morgan active here with photo's and such...Is he a Member? Jerry Burney

· Registered
506 Posts
for any interested parties; i have had 2 dwm's two M99 savages both restocked with "wenig" 100% presentation grade london oil finish, and a "bolo" reconditioned by "gunsmithing ltd, 57 unquowa, fairfield, conn. mr Mitch Shultz master gunsmith. he does custom checkering, custom stocks, you name it, hot blue ,rust blue,etc.,etc. so,if you are in the north east check him out. --john--

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.