Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
On page 235 of THE LUGER BOOK by John Walter he suggests that it was applied by the Polizeiwehr Bayerns (Bavarian Police) after 1920. There was also a EWB mark burned into grips (I have one of these) by Bavarian residents defense force known as the Einwohnerwehr.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
On page 235 of THE LUGER BOOK by John Walter he suggests that it was applied by the Polizeiwehr Bayerns (Bavarian Police) after 1920. There was also a EWB mark burned into grips (I have one of these) by Bavarian residents defense force known as the Einwohnerwehr.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Craig -

I have one of the "EWB" types, a 1918 DWM, with the letters burned into the right grip. I have no idea what this does to the value of the Luger, if anything.

Luke

Download Attachment: 1918 DWM EWB.jpg
69.68KB

·
Registered
594 Posts
Craig -

I have one of the "EWB" types, a 1918 DWM, with the letters burned into the right grip. I have no idea what this does to the value of the Luger, if anything.

Luke

Download Attachment: 1918 DWM EWB.jpg
69.68KB

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
I have had one P08 marked PwB and seen several. All were police lugers so I figure it is a police unit. By chance, is the subject pistol stamped at the base hump of the front grip strap and across the strap rather than along the length of the grip strap?

I believe the EWB grips are from a Bavarian paramilitary of Freikorps group early in the post war period. This unit may have been involved in putting down the red uprising in Bavaria.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
I have had one P08 marked PwB and seen several. All were police lugers so I figure it is a police unit. By chance, is the subject pistol stamped at the base hump of the front grip strap and across the strap rather than along the length of the grip strap?

I believe the EWB grips are from a Bavarian paramilitary of Freikorps group early in the post war period. This unit may have been involved in putting down the red uprising in Bavaria.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.