Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan,

Say you had a 1913, 1914, and a 1915 DWM all serial numbered #99 no suffix. And say you had a Type 1 military mag seral #99 no suffix. Which gun would it be proper to use it with?

BogeyB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Michael
Please explain what a Type 1 military mag is. On page 125-126 of "Third Reich Lugers" a Type 1 Army mag is described that was used from 1934-1936. This hardly applies to Imperial Lugers. Imperial wood base magazines are described on page 81-82 and page 88 of "Imperial Lugers"
Jan

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jan, I think that he was meaning a rolled and crimped tube. I would say that a wood bottom mag would "match" any date from 1911-1918? Aside from first issues, which had, the number stamped differently.

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys.... I was looking at Don Hallock's list. I meant a nickle plated, wood bottomed, and horz. s/n; used pre and during WW1.

BogeyB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
There are members on this Forum that are as good or better than I at answering questions. It is best not to address questions specifically to me as you may preclude getting a better answer from a more knowledgeable collector. Real questions on this Forum keep me very busy.
Jan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.