Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Question on Krieghoff Luger

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  1933 FORD NUT 
#1 ·
I just acquired a Kriefhoff Luger made in 1936. The serial number is 6918. It came with a Krieghoff marked holster and loading tool, and two matched magazines. I was wondering if any has any information concerning this pistol? I will ask my granddaughter to help me post pictures.

#4 · (Edited)
Text Added on 7-6-2019 :

SN-6819 is again for sale...this time on Gun Broker. It was originally listed for sale at $ 15,500. No takers. Now offered as a real auction with no reserve. Gun is again listed as original finish.

Something is a bit "fishy". The photos in the previous G-I ad are now being used as the exact same photos in the G-B ad...but the G-I action notes the gun was sold.

And both the G-I seller and the current G-B seller are noted as being in Salt Lake City, UT...with the same seller-name.

Our original poster in Post # 1 appears to be in Utah, as well... :rolleyes:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/820041976

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN-6918 has reappeared and seems to have sold for $ 13,750, as of 5-2019.

If you lighten-up the photos, you can see the finish-traits more clearly.

Original posted never did get his photos posted-up back in 2011 and has not been back to the Gun Boards since 2015.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...ching-magazines-holster-.cfm?gun_id=101220694

#13 ·
Martin has given us an excellent honest pair to look at .

Note the damaged-chipped out E2 acceptance stamps
Note the identical fonts .
Note the random spacing of the fonts . [ hand done ]
Note the E2's are not EXACTLY the same .

The blank mags were accepted into inventory slightly apart as the E2 die wear is SLIGHTLY differnt .

All normal stuff in late HK land .
:D
I will provide a picture of a matching pair, only because I can. Note the identical font and carefully applied spacing.

View attachment 600947

#12 ·
I saw that gun as well...
The seller had been listing a bunch of high end ANIB S&Ws over the past 6 months or so. This is the first luger that he offered... I thought the gun was very nicely restored and presents very well.
same questions about the second mag...

#14 ·
We have nearly 800 HK magazine photos in the Photo-Study...but unfortunately many of the "pairs" photos show both being fake or 1 good/1 fake in the pairs.

Greed drives folks to do some crazy things...and some crazy, stupid things...(see first example below).

But a few examples, in addition to Martin's pair of magazines, do stand out as pretty good pair-specimens :

#16 · (Edited)
Gun is again offered for re-sale. Now on the east coast for $ 17,500 asking price.

Up from the last sold price of ~ $ 8,500.

Much-better photos on this new seller's site :

https://pre98.com/shop/new-arrivals...hing-magscomplete-fully-krieghoff-marked-rig/

Here is a new view of the magazines.

Take a look at the angle of the neck at its attachment to the bird's body on the magazine with the sanding lines.

#18 ·
In the pre98.com pictures, note the internal frame and underside receiver areas which are supposed to be in the white, are assuredly in the white. The heat treated area on the upper rear of the frame is visible. All edges are sharp, and all machining lines are correct.

If there is refinishing, it is touch up only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.