Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking at purchasing this Radom with reddish coloured grips. The serial number is Z3237 if that helps. The grips seem a little too new to me considering the wear on the pistol and grip screws. What do you guys think, are they original to the pistol?

IMG_2055-scaled-e1591206661552.jpg IMG_2057-scaled.jpg

Thanks,
Cam

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
who cares? They look great on it...Bill

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The reddish grips always seem to jump out on a VIS 35.

Looking closely at those from the limited pictures, they seem to have commensurate wear to the rest of the pistol

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree with Martin. For some reason the reddish/brown grips always seem "brighter" than the black grips. This makes them appear to be less worn, but in fact are. I'm betting these grips are original to the pistol. No way to tell for sure though.

Matt:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This is about the time most VIS had the redish grips. They look fine. Seeing the back can help though, just be careful. The darker/brownish grips come up in the second A block then fade away to redish to slotted wood.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also have a Radom in 1st alphabet Z block. Serial # Z3830. It also has the red grips. Mine has all three controls which I find a little unusual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's well past the post, but replacement grips are very sharp on the diamond tips and most that I've seen do not have the same mold pattern on the reverse side. Ask the seller to remove and take a picture of backside. if he won't, then you know your answer. Original grips will run you around 250 for bakelite.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Z1746 with the two levers. 3 levers is interesting. As you likely know, they did make use of previously made parts to assemble guns as they were moving into less quality variants.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The Z block is the point in production where you see both three lever and two lever examples. Like Northyuma said they made use of previous on hand parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts