Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired a VIS Radom P-35, SN K8189, 3 lever, no slot. It is missing a lanyard loop and the hammer drop is inop. All numbered parts match, bore is mint, some surface rust and a bit of pitting, but lots of finish. My question is: this gun wears wood grips, checkered and with 4 concentric triangles on both sides instead of the "VIS" and FB. In all the photos I have seen of Radoms, none have these grips. The book of gun values says that some type II were fitted with wood grips, but no description. Can anyone tell me if these grips are correct? The gun is a WWII bring-back and has been in a sock drawer ever since. Thank you, rdc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. They are not like this. They have a border around the edges and around the screw holes, and four triangles inside one another. No VIS nor FB. If I had to guess, I would say they were pressed somehow, rather than carved. I will try to post photos next week. Regards, rdc

·
Registered
177 Posts
The first two pics are the only pressed grips used on the Vis. They are rare. Pressed grips did not hold up well at all in combat. Most are not in good shape. The second two pics are of the hardwood grips that you find on just a few variants in the second alpha group. There are ersatz hardwood grips that were made in the field that are fully checkered. They have a small border around the perimeter. You can find a picture of them in York‘s book. If you’d like, I can take a spare pair I have and photograph them for you. It would help if you posted some pictures. My guess without seeing them is that you have postwar replacement grips on your pistol.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts