Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! You have an interesting holster there for your first post. To answer your direct question, Yes, they did use brass studs however they are not as common as the aluminum ones. it depended on the maker. Next your holster appears original however it looks like someone added a fake waffenamt stamp. The majority of the Radom holsters were not marked or if they were it was with a ink stamp on the inside flap but stamps in the leather are not unheard of. but the waffenamt on the rear to me appears to be WSA41. There was no such mark. It could be a WaA41,which would be Geco originally then later W. Schürmann, Bielefeld. however I really think it is a WSA at which point it would be a fake stamp on a good holster.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! the holster was with a Radom rig I was able to win on GB after examining it in hand. I know the guns well enough, but not the holsters. The brass stud threw me a bit, every holster deemed original i viewed on the web had a steel stud. Also i know almost all k98 slings used steel although their may have been a few brass studs. Not much more i can do sitting here in a hotel, but i tried to take a better pix of the waffenamt. It may be WaA47 or 41, or WsA. Im not familiar enough w the fonts to decide. The leather is low grade and thin. Reminds me of the leather used on an Astra 300 holster i used to own. More pix below, along with a pix of this weekends haul. The pistols in nice shape, other than the cracked grip. Thatll be a long term search to find a replacement.

thx again!

lear

7191B801-64C8-48A0-BD6F-0BE808814603.jpg
9CCAA85B-D90C-472A-B48E-DAAED706A93E.jpg
E1CD59AC-AA43-46A0-96B1-8E34DB18D31B.jpg
666C5CE3-4276-4FFB-A6BC-2774D2DF58FD.jpg

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The second picture is much more telling than the first one. Its an 'a" which takes away any reservations in my mind. congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx, MP41 can you give me a clue as to why its a repop? i believed it was from the first time i saw it due to the thin leather. i understand not cluing in the fakers on what they are doing wrong. is the waa incorrect for this type of holster, or the wrong size etc?
thx everyone

lear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx guys, yea the pistols the nicest one ive found in person, short of the cracked grip. i dont imagine anyone has a spare layin around in thier junk bins theyd like to part with?

cant hurt to ask...��

1 - 12 of 12 Posts