Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a Polish Radom 1938 with what is called a field magazine with a W stamped at the bottom of the spine. The collector from whom I bought the pistol said that this is an early war German magazine.
He also said that Polish mags. can have several different stamps, the circle with G2 inside being one. Others have a simple inspector's mark at the base of the spine, while still others have a feathered circle.
That's the extent of the information this gent passed along to me.
JT

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dave,
* sE/189 is the correct Waffen acceptance for the toe marked mags. I've also got a sE/623 marked late war phosphate Radom mag marked on the side at the bottom between the 2 pins.
* Hope this helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your inputs. I bought the above Radom magazine to go with my 1939 'Polish Eagle' Radom. I was examinaning the magazine that came with the gun it had the Nazi E/189 proof and I noticed it also had a mark on the back of the body ....a letter 'K' enclosed with brackets. ( K )
I wonder if this was a pre war mag. marked by the maker then the E/189 added later after the Nazi invasion.

Roy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.