Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a few WW2 pistols but I do not have a Radom. Locally is a nice Radom for sale that has matching numbers. It is D serial numbered which I think is 1941. The grip is slotted and the pistol comes with a stock. Please share your opinions on this.
Audio equipment Electronic instrument Wood Gas Gadget

Door Automotive exterior Material property Gas Audio equipment

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

Hand Revolver Wood Toy Tints and shades

Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Wood stain

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pretty sure the stock is Chinese and made for an Inglis High Power. Would steer clear of the stock due to BATF rules as they have not been grandfathered in like Luger stocks and Inglis HP stocks for an Inglis HP. Even those have rules.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
The grips are rather uncommon but correct for that serial range, late war grips are serrated half moon cut unlike these. The stock for sure isn't correct. If you hold the pistol at the right angle and with a light or small mirror you can verify if the extractor is matching, it hides to the right and behind the hammer. Just from pictures a nice example, let us know if you end up buying it.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It is a desirable gun, as a three lever and still with slotted grip strap. Guns like these have been trading for $1,200 to $1,600. Sometimes more, rarely less.

But if the stock is held at any value by the seller as an accessory to the VIS-35, then it might make things difficult.

How much are they asking?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Nice pistol by itself, without the stock it's there. Still though these in this condition are getting harder to find. I'd offer $1400 and let the negotiation begin !

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Not a bad plan, not sure how old you are but if you have to step up and pay a little more "time will take you out of it". Prices may come down (wouldn't that be nice) as there has been an increase of collection's being available as collectors pass, according to those who handle such sales for families. Again, as mentioned you can always make on offer and take it from there.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
You are going to have to come up with numbers you are happy with, I think the 1400 was good advice you can always go up, if you don't want the stock ask for a price without it. Age, 61 is young by today's standards if you are trim, no smoking, don't drink everyday and eat right. Not hard to do with a bit of discipline that they taught in boot camp. Otherwise pack ones seabag and get in line for departure.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
You are going to have to come up with numbers you are happy with, I think the 1400 was good advice you can always go up, if you don't want the stock ask for a price without it. Age, 61 is young by today's standards if you are trim, no smoking, don't drink everyday and eat right. Not hard to do with a bit of discipline that they taught in boot camp. Otherwise pack ones seabag and get in
I would refer the seller to topics like the following

Radom vis 35 shoulder stock

If you do an internet search on "vis35 Radom stock", you will find many topics that speak of the elusive Real McCoy.
Yes, good direction to point one in. Your quote is so right ,been following it since 40 plus exercises. 70 now, trim ,no belly, ready for the next 100 years of collecting. Probably be able to get everything that I'm missing too !

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Doesn't sound bad to me, I would think you could sell it on this forum and in the end come out nice on the Radom.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts