Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I spotted an interesting Luger at a local gunshop the other day and have a question that I hope someone can answer. The pistol is a 1918 date DWM in 9mm that has the appropriate imperial fraktur acceptance proofs & the Prussian eagle on the right side of the receiver. To the left of these markings are a downwing eagle/H and a similar eagle over WaA68(?). Except for the mag all parts bear matching numbers. Is there anything unusual about these markings or are they pretty standard for a re-worked piece?
Thanks & best regards,
Len

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Len S

Hello len , to my knowledge the WaA68 shoul be possibly a WaA66 to fit in with the eagle/H. Both Simpson proofs and not at all special.

Simpson reworked several lugers in the post ww#1 years and proofed them, as to added value I would say no. Just a sign of the times so to speak.

What was your shop asking for this luger and hopefully in fair to middlin condition or better.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:Originally posted by lugerlou

Len S
Hello len , to my knowledge the WaA68 shoul be possibly a WaA66 to fit in with the eagle/H. Both Simpson proofs and not at all special.
Simpson reworked several lugers in the post ww#1 years and proofed them, as to added value I would say no. Just a sign of the times so to speak.
What was your shop asking for this luger and hopefully in fair to middlin condition or better.
Hi Lou,
Thanks for the info.The pistol is a little bit better than middlin' but the shop, which specializes in high end hunting rifles & shotguns, didn't have a clue as to value and asked me what I'd offer them for it.What would a pistol like this be worth?

Best regards,
Len

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
I think worth more, but I would offer as Dwight suggested. All depends on condition and if ALL original. Value drops off as condition goes down and drops off the collector market to most people when non-original.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.