Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: luger dealers

Hello All!!
Can some of you list for me luger dealers, who to go to, etc. Thank you.
Mostly I've been collecting rifles, and would like to augment my pistol P08 collection[only 1 still byf41]!!
Thank you
bob E

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts
Bob, I think that the two Charlie has suggested have some of the better reputations around and would do you right. The rest I have bought were from guys on the forums, and several from friends giving me tips on deals they had seen. You see a lot of guns for sale on gunbroker.com and auction arms, but that seems like the prices can be too high and also too low (if a seller)?

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by Weimar_Police

Bob, I think that the two Charlie has suggested have some of the better reputations around and would do you right. The rest I have bought were from guys on the forums, and several from friends giving me tips on deals they had seen. You see a lot of guns for sale on gunbroker.com and auction arms, but that seems like the prices can be too high and also too low (if a seller)?

Ed
Thanks for the responses to my question!!
I had a look at several P08s on the fgs web list and I am thinking which one to choose since there are quite a few... I'm thinking of a police luger or military s/42 luger... What would be some of your choices? Military or police for a 3* reich luger?
Thanks again,
Bob

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bob
Welcome to the forum,if I may offer some sound advice to you it would be to first purchase a few reference books on the luger, Mr Still the forums owner has excellent reference material on all era's of lugers as well as several other respected authors. Next you should focus on a specific era that is to your own liking. Luger collecting is both very expensive and rewarding as your knowledge increases. This advise comes with experience as after years of collecting I am now facing the question of where do I focus my own attention towards. You made reference to augmenting your BYF that you already own and that one falls within the Third Reich era and has both military and police variations within. The sites that you have visited have very fine pistols and in my opinion would be very nice to augment any collection. The BYF is also a Mauser code and is one of several manufactures of the Luger. So if you get my drift do youself a favour and research a bit more as this hobby is akin to smoking, you always just got to have another. Good luck in the years to come.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Bob, lugerlou gave you some good advice. AS did those who recommended Simpson and FGS. Remember you can never have too many reference books on Lugers. Fakes and "boosted" pieces are everywhere. This forum has a good book review section to help point you at what you need in references.

Buying from reputable collectors when they are thinning their collections is an excellent choice. That is how I got mine. I think dEd (weimar Lugers) has a really nice Weimar police rig for sale at a very competitive price. You might check with him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:Originally posted by Heinz

Bob, lugerlou gave you some good advice. AS did those who recommended Simpson and FGS. Remember you can never have too many reference books on Lugers. Fakes and "boosted" pieces are everywhere. This forum has a good book review section to help point you at what you need in references.

Buying from reputable collectors when they are thinning their collections is an excellent choice. That is how I got mine. I think dEd (weimar Lugers) has a really nice Weimar police rig for sale at a very competitive price. You might check with him.
My research is limited to Jan's book on 3* reich lugers. I've been focusing on the '39's... police or military issue with preference to police issue since they are fewer than the military issue. The fgs site has the best photo images of lugers so far I've seen. From what I've seen there looks like quite a few nice ones on that site...
My byf 41 is a waffen ampt 655 so it's pretty common=((!! I got that one at simpson's...
Is the white lettering such as on gesichert and on the banner emblem & date is this the added on wax pencilling or was this applied at the factory?
Thanks for your help!! Obrigado pelo ajuda!!
Bobby

·
Administrator
15,090 Posts
The white in the gesichert is the only whiting that was added at the factory, all others you see are added later for looks / to see the numbers / letters better.

Ed

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Ed
After reading your post I remembered back to your post of biggest collecting mistake about the whiting on the safety and had to smile due to the fact that I scrubbed like hell to get the whiting off one of my own but never owned up to it. Have a good year in 2004 and wishing everybody many more luger additions. Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.