Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had several Lugers lying on a plastic box in the corner. Two Erfurt artilleries, '02 fat barrel, 1936 Krieg. and two '06 Navys Coms. I cleared a space on the wall outside the laundry room, put up a peg board. Guns now on display.........

I have an odd stock. Is there a specific holster mfgr. or marking for the Erfurt Artilleries.???

Any one have a spare.???

PJH

DSC00826.JPG

·
Registered
542 Posts
I had several Lugers lying on a plastic box in the corner. Two Erfurt artilleries, '02 fat barrel, 1936 Krieg. and two '06 Navys Coms. I cleared a space on the wall outside the laundry room, put up a peg board. Guns now on display.........

I have an odd stock. Is there a specific holster mfgr. or marking for the Erfurt Artilleries.???

Any one have a spare.???

PJH
Hi PJ,

The Erfurt stocks have a small proof mark on each small metal part, which is absent on a DWM stock.

I am sending you a message via the forum regarding a 'spare' for sale in outstanding condition.

Cheers,
Albert
Malta (EU)

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I will buy a board from home depot, and mount it in my bedroom. I can keep nice items if I can see them frequently. When they are locked away, my fondness on them varnishes quickly.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hook ends........I retrieved several feet of plastic tubing from a medical test that has ribs inside. Wont collapse and fits over the peg board hooks easily. I split them up the back side too, leave them 1/8 or more too long on the outside end. Local hwd. has clear tubing, bit harder to get on.

All beg boarded guns have plastic tubing on........

PJH

Old arrangement.JPG
Part of Pistol wall.JPG

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
That looks great!

I put a few items on bedroom fireplace, but that space is very small, so other items can only sit on the floor. This must be resolved.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I think I would enjoy spending some time in your laundry room. Regards,

·
Administrator
13,450 Posts
I tried peg boards, never could get past the look of them.
When in Colorado, I could lock my basement (shown) and here in Washington, I just have a few items out.
I use brass hooks with tubing pulled over them. I just ensured that I had a hook with me, so I could get the correct size clear tubing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Note to Alvin......we have a double common interest...... The bigger Spanish 'Brooms and having the same version. Mine is #13021, complete with stock and leather boot. (We may have exchanged on this before but.....I will claim advanced age as being a reason to have forgotten.!!!) Interestingly, I have an extra leather boot...no idea where that came from. I also have 903 #32354, its stock number is inside the lid. I am missing one of the hinge screws......should you happen to know where I can get one...!!!?????

I also have a Hermanos Beistuegi (who can even say that, let alone spell it) (I aint lookin it up!!!) I have a Mauser Schnellfuer stock on it. It also appears to be a pretty close copy of the Schnellfuer. I once had 7 of these, bought Tom Nelsons collection back when..... Three were pre samples, when I dropped my class three in 2005, I sold them to Joe Grateau (??) from Texas. They eventually went to Pedro B. in Fla.

I recently bought a bunch of 7.65 Mauser ammo from PPU......fully intend to shoot all of these before check out time. Note the cute little number in the lower right of the picture, a select fire Star.

PJH

GunsinAction030_zpse9443555.JPG

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I do have a spare Spanish stock. The hinge also misses a screw. Other screws look good. If you have interest,,, but I have to sell the stock as a whole thing, cannot sell a single screw.

I will find it, I forgot where I put it. The general shape is good, it may also donate other parts useful. Will find it and post pictures.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Here it is. I just noticed the tang screw is not original, hinge misses one screw. Otherwise, it is good. No wood cracks nor chips. Number 29741. It fits 903.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Gosh, one of the best collections I'd seen in a long time.
Outstanding. The Italian TZ-45 is a very rare SMG.

·
Registered
55 Posts
PJH you have a very impressive collection, I am dark green with envy. When did you start your collection, obviously you’ve been at it for some time.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First gun exposure was 1947. Uncles were WW 2 vets. One sent 29 K-98s home when he was wounded in France. He never liked handguns, did bring back a mismatch Luger. His mother didnt want the rifles in her house, put them in a detached garage in Baltimore City. He gave them away to everyone on his block that would take them.....kept one,. Had it sporterized for hunting in Pa.

My first collecting effort was about 1966. Sold out in 1972. Went back to drag racing big time, back into guns in 1976.

PJH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts