Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Frank,

... can´t say much about the situation over your end. But although re-lining would be one alternative, most people over here would re-barrel the gun as an ersatz barrel would be less expensive. I believe that several people (Marstar?) might have complete barrels. The advantage of re-lining the barrel is that you´d keep the original barrel markings.

·
Registered
501 Posts
hi frank; try "gun parts corp" (numerich arms) west hurley n.y. they sell new mfgd. luger artillery and 4" military barrels. i would say that this is the way to go, you will still have the old barrel to go with the gun. i don't have their number with me but if you call them they will send you their catalogue, it's about 1600 pages. also you might try "gunsmithing ltd.", 57 unquowa fairfield, conn. they do beautiful work including barrel sleeving. believe me you won't be able to see the parting line. regards, --john--

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
Frank and have you shot it with the poor barrel? Sometimes you will be amazed at how accurate a sewer pipe barrel can be in a luger.

ed

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First, thanks to those who provided information. I have not test fired the luger in question. In addition to having a poor bore, the barrel has a slight bulge, as though it was fired with an obstruction in the barrel. When you look at the barrel from the inside this shows as a "ring" in the bore. I was concerned this may cause a safety issue if I fired it.

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.