Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am pretty new (joined a month ago) and will say the folks that frequent this site are amazing. I have already learned a lot by posting pictures and asking questions. Good luck with building your collection!

·
Administrator
15,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum - let me throw out ideas

What era are you interested? (I already know, but...)
WW1
Weimar
Nazi
DDR

Type
Army
Navy
Air Force
Police

Maker
Mauser for you
but
DWM
Erfurt
Vickers
Simson
Krieghoff
DDR (East Germany)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jason! We wish you well an happy hunting but as Ed mentioned above, there are many avenues to venture down with collecting Lugers. Get all the information you can, watch for originality, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the welcome and advice! I have much to learn

Edward, I’m most interested to Ww2 military issued, standard Lugers (not Navy).I don’t have a manufacturer preference. Kind of like a little bit of wear rather then pristine condition. Leaning towards late war years (40-42) but they also seem a bit more pricey than early war examples

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
In your case I would focus on the 1934-1942 pistols, but take into account that many P08's made from 1909 onwards served in WW2.

Be careful with the 'Black Widow' trap. These are overpriced and hyped for no particular reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In your case I would focus on the 1934-1942 pistols, but take into account that many P08's made from 1909 onwards served in WW2.

Be careful with the 'Black Widow' trap. These are overpriced and hyped for no particular reason.
They are definitely proud of their black widows. I’m kind of partial to the wood grips, especially after seeing what the black widows go for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts