Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently acquired a 1917 DWM Artillery, complete and matching except for a missing magazine, and a broken off take down lever (thanks to someone who didn't know how to dissemble a Luger.) It must have been in someone's attic for the last 60+ years, judging from the rust and pitting, but it has cleaned up very well using Break-Free and steel wool. It's mostly pitted on the outside, deeply in some places, but possibly 30% of the original finish remains. Inside is lightly pitted overall, but everything still works well, and the bore is excellent. I'm thinking of having this one restored. Could anyone offer any opinions on if I should restore it, or on who I should contact if I do decide to restore it? Thanks.

·
Administrator
15,519 Posts
Yes, I would be tempted to restore it. Although a friend of mine, he took a gun like this and practiced assorted finishes over the years with his. Its no loss to the gun, and he learned a lot by applying over-the-counter finishes, blueing, etc.

ED

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more thing... the gun won't fire with the trigger, but will if you push the front of the trigger bar with the slide out. I assume a problem with the trigger bar/sear connection, since I replaced the trigger lever with no effect. I'm not sure how to procede here. Could someone offer some advice, please?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.