Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after the first World War the Rheinische Metallwaren- und Maschinenfabrik in Düsseldorf developed a new pistol in the cal.7.65 and let it patent in 1920.
The patent refers to the bipartite receiver.
The production numbers were attached to the numbers of the Dreyse 07 production and started approximately at #251000. Four different versions from these weapons are produced , only being different in small things.
The model 2 is represented, that shows an open barrel support .
The highest watched serial number is 263190. The total production is about 12000 pieces only.
These weapons were built up to the highlight of the inflation in 1923.
The company Rheinmetall ended its pistol production for ever with that.
Please note the relative similarity to the Ortgies pistols.

To take the weapon down, one must fix the slide with the safety lever in an open position.
Under pressure on the trigger one then screws out the back part of the slide counterclockwise.

According to statements of contemporary witnesses some of these weapons shall have been carried by naval officers.
We still are looking for corresponding documents.

Note the mint condition.

Fritz

Download Attachment: 1.05 009.jpg
177.65 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 012 Kopie.jpg
263.52 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 016.jpg
195.37 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 025.jpg
109.54 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 029.jpg
86.97 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 032.jpg
79.88 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 042.jpg
149.06 KB

Download Attachment: 1.05 047.jpg
64.01 KB

·
Registered
833 Posts
Fritz,

That is a very interesting pistol. My first thought was that it sure looks similar to a Ortgies. It does indeed look like it is in near mint condition. The way the barrel fits or is supported on the frame is kind of interesting. Is that a pressure fit? or does it just sit in that half circle sleeve sort of like a golf ball sitting on a tee? Do you ever see many of these in Germany? Great pictures thanks for sharing with us!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lloyd,
many thanks for the kind words.
To your question: It's a light pressure fit.
These weapons only extremely seldom appear on the collector market.
They are in a used condition mostly.
I collect for 30 years and have seen only 6 pieces.

Fritz

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lloyd,

the second variation like mine with the open barrel support was produced up to approximately # 255000.
An improved barrel support was than produced until production end:
The barrel was first slid into a solid seat of the frame with the muzzle from behind.
It was then twisted by 30 degrees to the right.
This is the so called third variation.
The price is rock bottom! I payed 700,- Euro !!
It's really a very very scarce pistol.
By the way, the "long" barrel is interesting.

Fritz

G

·
Fritz, if you are still around, please check my post on the Rheinmetall that I got for $88. Maybe parts will be more available in Germany!
Also I wanted to say how helpful this thread was for me. I would have never figured out how to remove the slide without it. It was still difficult, but doable with the right leverage on the right spot, with the transfer bar missing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.