Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of condition can one expect to find the Romanian marked (unground) Steyr-Hahn pistols, and what kind of price range.
I have only seen two for sale in the last year and neither was in very good condition.
Thanks,
Mc

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pancho,
Congrats on the nice shoulder stocked M12, understand whatever premium you had to pay, any idea what a good to very good non-stocked model might go for?
Thanks,
Mc

·
Registered
111 Posts
HI MC
The one I bought is not slotted. Dated 1914 and has 98% original blue. I got it for $450 at the mac show about 5 years ago. I've seen them as high as $650 but not approching the crispness of mine. They are rare in original condition.
dg13

Download Attachment: rom.jpg
5.7KB

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, I guess I didn't do so bad after all. Paid $700.
I don't have a Steyr shoulder stock. Am looking for one.
Will probably cost as much as the pistol.
Two things about collecting the Steyr-Hahn.
1. The rare variations are REALY rare.
2. The Steyr-Hahn is such a unique looking pistol, that you can scan tables at a gun show and determine almost instantly whether or not there is a Steyr-Hahn on the table.

Does anyone know of a good book on these pistols?

·
Registered
111 Posts
THERE IS NO SPECIALIZED BOOK ON STEYR HAHNS. DURING WWI THERE WAS 6
BASIC MODELS--CHILIAN,AUSTRO-HUNGARIAN, ROMANIAN AND GERMAN 1ST & 2ND BAVARIAN CONTRACT--I GUESS THE 16 RD CLIP FED MODEL WOULD BE ONE ALSO--BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE IN THE USA. PONCHO, I THINK YOUR'S IS POST WWI BUT I MAY BE WRONG. i'VE SEEN UNMARKED ONES BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY WERE USED.
DG13

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I have only seen two for sale on the web in the last year, Empire had one in good-very good for $600.00 and there is on on auction arms in fair to good that is for sale, I have bid, but not high enough. Want a nice one, but don't want to pay out the nose. I have four right now, a Nazi 9mm, a Czech (CRS) accepted, a 1915 and 1916.

G

·
quote:Originally posted by Pancho

Well, I guess I didn't do so bad after all. Paid $700.
I don't have a Steyr shoulder stock. Am looking for one.
Will probably cost as much as the pistol.
Two things about collecting the Steyr-Hahn.
1. The rare variations are REALY rare.
2. The Steyr-Hahn is such a unique looking pistol, that you can scan tables at a gun show and determine almost instantly whether or not there is a Steyr-Hahn on the table.

Does anyone know of a good book on these pistols?
Hi Pancho,

The Roth Steyr and Steyr Hahn are my favorite military pistols. I have very much enjoyed looking at your pictures of your pistols. I recently sold a very nice Romanian for $700. The buyer had no problems paying that kind of money.

Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.