Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newly received from Moscow is this unissued variation of a camouflage nylon holster for the Russian Special Forces {Spetsnaz}. Has some unusual features, one of which cannot be explained at this time. It is also completely unmarked.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why this nylon strap with snap button at the end is a mystery as it is at least two inches shorter than it's intended purpose of securing pistol over the rear gripstrap and attaching to the male snap on holster body ?.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A. It wasnt issued because of a design flaw (shortness of the nylon strap)
OR
B. The holster is meant for a smaller frame pistol which I find even less likely than A.

Either way it is a nice holster and makarov rig.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Huggie, Is the short strap meant to maintain the holster's shape on the belt when the pistol is not in the holster. AS when they are walking around with an empty holster because they don't trust them with a weapon but they don't want civilians to know that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
PSM Holster

The holster that I got with my PSM is a very lightweight almost kid leather "convertible" flap holster with a pouch for the spare mag but NO cleaning rod.You get a set of white cloth covered elastic straps that allows you to wear it as a shoulder holster with it.Mine is East German and MdI(Interior Ministry)marked but the Russian one I have seen is almost identical.It ALSO has that short strap you see in that camo Makarov rig and I "thought" that it was the spare mag retaining strap although, to be truthful ,I have NEVER tried it out.
I got the manual in German as well as another in Russian and 3 spare mags and 4 original 36rd boxes of ammo with the pistol.SN(SUBSTITUTING the latin letters for Cyrillic )is RG 1831 P and I have my suspicions that that serial number block was one supplied to the then EAST Germans.
I sold another member here one spare magazine and one box of Tula Military issue ammo about ten years ago and I am sure that he still has them.
I had NO IDEA that the US "Gun Gestapo" were so all fired stupid about PSM's calling them"ASSASSINATION PISTOLS" and nonsense like this.As it is the even DUMBER and more venal RCMP in Canada held up registering my pistol properly for TEN DAYS SHORT of TEN YEARS no doubt in hopes of getting it for THEIR collection.I informed them that ALL they would EVER get would be the smashed frame and that would be it.I bought the pistol at a Police Auction in Regina Saskatchewan for(you're ALL going to hate me..)FIFTY Dollars(Canadian) becase NOBODY KNEW WHAT IT WAS and they were all blinded by a bunch of reparked Portuguese P.08's.I paid the SAME amount for a pristine LIBERATOR and $100 each for a mint M1928A1 TSMG and a REAL Powder Springs GA Mac-10 that afternoon.
Best auction I have ever gone to !!I won't hold my breath waiting for another one like that to be sure.JR

·
Registered
145 Posts
Can you please tell us where to get one of these holsters?
There's a vendor selling a similar holster, or the same holster, imported from Russia in OD green, but not cammo. Manufactured by SPOSN.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Some pictures of the holster I mentioned:

If there is any interest, these holsters can be purchased from the Russian Joint Stock Company SPOSN. The company also makes leather holsters, load bearing equipment, field garments, etc. Including the company's website and another I will link below, only OD green and black holsters are available. The company is reputed to be a supplier to the Spetsnaz and MVD cadres and their products were found in use in the 2nd Chechin war, among other conflicts and engagements:

http://sso-mil.com/catalog/123/

http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_35&products_id=242

A little update on the information. The vendor, who sells a lot of SPOSN equipment, says the cammo version isn't made anymore, just the black and OD green versions. He says he will ask them if they have any cammo ones around. We'll see if he can get me one. The OD one I ordered should arrive soon.

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
His collection was sold years ago after he died. You can click on their name and see when the last time they visited the forum.

Reactions: Kudzu‘s Kid
1 - 12 of 12 Posts