Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this one for awhile and finally thought to post it.
The papers are photocopied from the vet's originals. He wished to retain the originals (and also wanted to black out his name)
The shoulder holster appears to be a US M7, with the US oval obscured. the shoulder straps look to be theatre made.
The pistol is a re-built post war manufactured TT33. You can see a partial "boxed-spare" Soviet rebuild symbol between the slide release lever and the serial number.
The gun is all matching numbers, with a decent bore. The magazine is a Chinese T54 beater that doesn't function all that well.
As it's the only post war manufactured Russian TT33 I own, I'm still learning so comments and info are always appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,061 Posts
I like the Vietnam bring backs, thats a nice one. Hate that he didn't give you the originals, but on the other hand, I'd probably be a bit privacy thinking if it was mine also.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Excellent piece with nice provenance, too bad about the redacted photocopy of the papers, but excellent nonetheless. I have one Vietnam bring back firearm and had the fortune and pleasure to be able to talk to the veteran that brought it back

·
Registered
124 Posts
I picked up one several years ago and was told it came from Vietnam, no papers but it does have the rebuild mark. As I understand they did not use that mark till post wwii. Nice score

1 - 8 of 8 Posts