Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Platinum Bullet member
2,742 Posts
It is my humble opinion that more rigs are appearing now with two matching magazines because these items were added years ago to collections and their proud owners are ending their life cycles. I've seen more and more large old collections come to market. But on the other hand, with modern technology, one can (and I'm sure does) fabricate these things. As a collector of today, I'm happy to see such pieces come available, but one must be very careful. There is no better example of this boosting and fabrication than many of the pieces on the current Rock Island Auction. At least some attempt is made to properly identify these items. Also, to swing to a slightly different subject: the notch or groove that is supposed to be located at the end of the frame on K dates. I see this notch on the right side of Jan's K, but not on the left side. What is the current feeling about these K date notches?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.