Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ed
Thanks for adding the photographs. Sometime please tell me how you did that.

Tim
Thanks for your K date, sn 2295, photographs. Based on your photographs this luger lacks a test proof on its right receiver and barrel. The test proof on its left breechblock appears to be absent and has an S stamped in its place. (Please correct me if my observations from your photographs are incorrect.) A red extractor is usually the result of a hot salt blue, so your Luger has probably been refinished. Please list in detail all the markings and their locations on this Lugers barrel, receiver, and frame. Are all the parts matched? Which parts bear the S? A sharper photograph of the right receiver would be helpful.

Also, as Don stated your Luger is out of sequence for the B90 acceptance stamp.

Sorry to say, based on what I have seen in your photographs so far, your Luger is at best a lunch box special*(doubtful) or at worst a complete crude fake assembled by Waffenfabrik USA (likely).
Jan

*Assembled from available parts by a factory worker and snuck home in a lunch box.

· Administrator
17,018 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jan C Still

Ed, Thanks for adding the photographs. Sometime please tell me how you did that.
Jan, much depends on what photo software you have, they came to me as a microsoft bmp files, I made them jpg, like we are used to. (right clicked on them, saved them to my desktop), then went into his posting (admins can, we usually don't, except to help), and then uploaded them normally. You'll notice that the uploaded picture acts like it "belongs" to me, it has my weimar_police name associated with it.

Ed

G

·
I have to admit that is not what I wanted to hear. Luckily I don't have much in it as I swapped a Beretta 92 to the old man for it. So I think I have $500 tied up in it.

G

·
I have to admit that is not what I wanted to hear. Luckily I don't have much in it as I swapped a Beretta 92 to the old man for it. So I think I have $500 tied up in it.

G

·
It's very difficult to form an exact opinion on just pictures. If we could hold the pistol in our hand and let it talk, maybe it would generate some additional thoughts. At this point I agree with the others, but without looking at the pistol, I like Jans' "lunchbox" thought the best.
Good Luck, you didn't get hurt on the trade.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.