Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

S/42G - S/92 Loading Tool

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Jan C Still RIP 
#1 ·
Good morning all
I would like the forums opinion on this loading tool that I recently
received from a E-bay auction. The seller had stated it was S/42G stamped on the front and had the serial no.3753 stamped on the back.
After a good cleaning, the lightly struck S/92 acceptance stamp was also revealed on the front.
Thanks in advance.

Download Attachment: tool.jpg
79.96KB

Download Attachment: toolb.jpg
79.3KB

See less See more
#2 ·
Ed
A similar S/42G/S-92 tool is shown on page 122 and 170 of Third Reich Lugers. That one on page 170 also has a number 1769 stamped on it. I have seen matched police rigs with the Lugers serial number stamped on the tool and holster. Most likely your tool was stamped by a police armory to match a police Luger.
Jan

#3 ·
quote:Originally posted by Jan C Still

Ed
A similar S/42G/S-92 tool is shown on page 122 and 170 of Third Reich Lugers. That one on page 170 also has a number 1769 stamped on it. I have seen matched police rigs with the Lugers serial number stamped on the tool and holster. Most likely your tool was stamped by a police armory to match a police Luger.
Jan
Hi Jan
I apologize for the late thank you to your reply. I have been away from home the past few days.
I have your 1988 copyrighted edition of Third Reich Lugers and the price guide.In the price guide on page three the availability is listed as a 10 (harder to aquire)and with a price range from $70-$100 for excelent to mint condition.Are these prices about the same today or has inflation caused the prices to rise a bit on these also.
Thanks again.
Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.