Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

S&W Double Action .45

617 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  moosedog 
#1 · (Edited)
I was looking at an army issue S&W .45 D.A. US Property Marked M1917. It looks to be Ni finished and not blue........ Or the blue is lost. How bad does this hurt the value?

Is it like a luger where it knocks it down to shooter grade or half price?

#2 ·
I was looking at a army issue Colt 1941 D.A. It looks to be Ni finished and not blue........
First we’d need to know what gun you’re talking about. There is no Colt 1941. The army issued the 1911 .45 in 1941.
There were a number of D.A. Colts in .38 and .45 that served in supplementary roles at the time.
Does it maybe just say D.A. 41 on the barrel? That would be the caliber. Best if you could just post some photos.

#3 ·
Sorry for the typo confusion on my part......I had Colt on my mind because I also posted about a Commercial 1911 with a serial # that makes it made in 1941. My question on it was if it was worth less because it is a commercial.

The gun in question is a .45 DA S&W.

#4 ·
I'm not aware of S&W revolver orders for the government ever made for plated guns. S&W factory nickel revolvers have an "N" stamped toward the base of the grip frame.

Refinished is refinished, and just as with Lugers, this would remove the gun from collector interest. Shooter if it's mechanically correct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.