Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a small gunshop & bought this yesterday with 2 long guns, they were all cruddy & I bought them cheap. I removed the cylinder & grips, cleaned the bore & started carding to clean the crap off. I was very surprised. Does anybody know if this stands for the "Special Air Service"? Thanks! Car alarm Bumper Automotive exterior Household hardware Gas
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Vehicle Rim
Finger Thumb Nail Bicycle part Automotive wheel system
View attachment 677660 Air gun Revolver Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
There were no "snub" Webley revolvers made or modified by Webley. These 2 inch guns were modified after being imported into the US. I really doubt the SAS markings are original. Other folks will post replies. 1932 is an early year for the series production.

G2

·
Premium Member
Looking for Artillery Luger
259 Posts
I also doubt the SAS markings as Special Air Service, for amount other things there was never a "52" group or squadron . The units in 1932 didn't exist when the pistol was made and in the WWII time frame there were units 1-2-3-4-5 and F Squadron. It could be police or something else were they need a snub nose ? maybe air crew ?

Also as mentioned the No2 Mk 1 began production in 1931 making this an early model

1 - 3 of 3 Posts