Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and have so far only been reading the forums. I recently bought a Sauer 38h Eagle C serial # 395xxx. The pistol is in very good condition with an excellent bore. It has the Eagle N on tne right side of the frame,slide and the barrel and the Eagle C on the left side of the trigger guard as well as the h marking on the small parts and the slide with the last three of the serial number. It came with two magazines and a holster. One mag with no markings on the floorplate and the other with the SuS script and no caliber. The holster is brown in color and looks like the ones on pages 197 and 199 of Whittington's book German Pistols and Holsters 1934/1945. The pictures and dimensions of the holsters are pretty close. The reason for the concern is that one is for a 38h while the other is for an HSC. The flap does measure over 5" by a 1/2 inch. making it closer to the picture on page 197 which is for the HSC. The markings on the holster are located under the strap on the piece of leather that the strap is attached to. It is not a dye it is stamped into the leather. Eagle over swastika over WaA75 the number 5 is faint but very readible. There then appears to be another number hard to make out, probably a 7 or 1 or 4. Under the WaA is what appears to be some kind of leaf with the number 9 in the center, the leaf is enclosed in a border that is shaped like a pointed roof and then once it is wider than the leaf it goes straight down on both sides of the leaf. Beneath the leaf on the right side I can just barely make out 41, I assume the ending of 1941 but I can not see anything else there or anywhere else on the holster. This marking is right at the end of the piece of leather when it was struck so some is faint and probabably some missed the leather.

I have been long winded but I am hoping that someone can Identify the holster for me; which gun is it for? and who made it.

P.S. I paid $500.00, comments on good or bad deal and what the setup is worth would also be appreciated.

Thanks Harry

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
As for your holster , you have a "bearskin with oakleaf and number 9" pattern holster which should have a waffenamt proof of WaA938 as I recall. This manufacturer used one of many trademarks which are registered to the firm of Albert Kind or commonly seen as AKaH. There are 1941's but is a rather uncommon date. Dates used in this variation are from 1941 to 1943 and all were originally for a Mauser HSc. Worth??? Pictures are worth a thousand words so the best thing that you can do is to send some pictures of your acquisition before any accurate estimate could be given. I would suggest that your $500 was a fair price if condition is not a major factor to be considered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer. I will try and take some pictures as suggested, to help with determining value.

The holster on the other hand clearly is marked with WaA75 and the third number is to hard to be sure, either a 1,4 or 7.

I could not find any such listing anywhere. Anyone that has ever seen that number please let me know, other than the possible a fake, but usually fakes are with numbers and letters that appear to be legit.

Again thanks for the help. Harry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.