Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
a friend of mine is picking up a Sauer 38H with serial number 399878, with eagle N/37 with two line on the left hand side.
Any idea of date would be good so I can tell him
Thanks

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
1043? One of William the Conquerer"s Lugers Obviously Jim meant 1943. And he is trying for my record of the most typos.
:)

·
2,360 Posts
That would have been 1066 with the Norman invasion. Sorry about the typo. Just wait until you get old!! JIM

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would love some help! I just inherited a 38h with the serial number 400546. It has the eagle with the "N" underneath it and no mark on the front of the trigger guard. It has two magazines and a leather holster. The only other thing I know is that my grandfather brought it back from the war. I would love any additional information or year of manufacture. Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings from Croatia. I just bought 38H, police version with serial number 326174. I would like to know approximate manufacture date, please help with the info....
38h2.jpg 38h3.jpg 38h1.jpg

·
2,360 Posts
Your Sauer was made in late October 1943 and is a commercial variation. It was probably a private purchase Sauer by an officer. Does the holster have any identifying stamps or a manufacturer's name? Stay well, Jim Cate, author of the Sauer reference books.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank You Jim. Unfortunately holster does not have any stamps on it.
Trigger guard has an Eagle/C mark, i thought that makes this pistol police variation?
Regards.

Your Sauer was made in late October 1943 and is a commercial variation. It was probably a private purchase Sauer by an officer. Does the holster have any identifying stamps or a manufacturer's name? Stay well, Jim Cate, author of the Sauer reference books.

·
2,360 Posts
You did not mention the police acceptance (or any acceptance) in your original inquiry. Therefore I assumed it to be a commercial pistol. Thanks for the update.
Stay well, Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry, my mistake not mentioning it.
Thank You for providing information.
Cheers,
Elvis

You did not mention the police acceptance (or any acceptance) in your original inquiry. Therefore I assumed it to be a commercial pistol. Thanks for the update.
Stay well, Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all - discovered this forum searching for info on a s/n 510935. if you'd confirm that it falls into the post war US occupied time frame? I'm told that it was a GI "Bring Back" out of Concord, NC purchased in the 80’s from the family of the Veteran. Any details on the units and time frame that they were there? Resources appreciated.

20200813.david.nelligan.jpg

DAve

·
2,360 Posts
This Sauer was assembled from remaining parts after the American GIs arrived on April 4, 1945. Several thousand of these were made as souvenirs for the GIs, as yours was. Your pistol will not have any Eagle N proofs on the frame, slide or barrel. It certainly could well be a "GI bringback" no doubt about that. Regards, JIM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jim,
Here is one for your data base.
Have a Sauer 38 H serial 343567 Eagle N on right side frame & top of slide Eagle C on left trigger guard.
Any info woul be helpfull.
Thank you,

141 - 157 of 157 Posts