Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
I know what you mean, missed a few sets, finally I was fast enough.

You should have asked me. I could sell you the rare contract version grips made in Chicago. You know, the very unusual Franzite contract...

G2

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked up a pair from Vit-Zemanek to hold me over and it looked ok but I knew they weren't correct.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
The grips look great and I really like your holster (but I believe it would be more appropriate for a Walther PP than a JP Sauer). Regardless, a handsome rig !

Edit: a Dreyse would probably also match well with your holster

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Congrats! I know that feeling of finally finding that long searched for item. They look great on the gun and display well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, the holster was purchased from a forum member as a 38H holster and it definitely held one for most of its life as the internal wear marks show, on the other hand the pistol that used to be in this holster would have a lot more holster wear than mine. I would like to upgrade the holster but until I found the grips I was satisfied with this one. Thanks again, John.

·
2,360 Posts
nieuport is correct regarding the holster being for a PP. Your pistol was made in late October or early November, 1944 and was military accepted. The original grips for your pistol would have been marked Ia on the inside and were made without filler material in the Bakelite material which would have made them much stronger. The Ia grips were subject to breakage much more so than the other variation of Sauer grips. Regards, JIM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts