Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

this is a holster for a small vest pocket pistol marked inside the flap with ink stamp markings "Sauer" and (with smaller letters) "WT". No other markings. The "WT" is for "Westen-Taschen" (Modell), which means vest pocket (model). An unusual maroon coloured pre-war holster. But the best: a Sauer doesn't fit in! The model 24 is much too large and even the model 28 is too long. The closing strap will not go over the stud. Anyway: the only one I am aware off having a "Sauer" ink stamp marking.

Martin

Download Attachment: Holster_28-1.jpg
149.8KB

Download Attachment: Holster_28-2.jpg
86.55KB

Download Attachment: Holster_28-3.jpg
85.56KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Martin,
Sorry I jumped to conclusions with the last post. Obviously the 1913 is too long. The only other WTM's made by Sauer were as you said, the 1925/25 model and the slightly smaller 1928 modell. How small is this holster? Could it have shrunk somewhat from drying out?? Getting wet??

Dave

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,

thank you very much for your questions. I'll take the opportunity to post new photos of the holster together with my model 28 # 9559 and an original manual for the model 28. As you can see from the second photo, there is missing one centimeter to bring the hole over the stud. The closing strap is just to short. No, I don't think, it's due to wet or dry shrinkage. A FN Baby, which came with the holster, fit in perfectly.

Martin

Download Attachment: 28holster_mit_Pistole_offen1.jpg
176.91KB

Download Attachment: 28holster_mit_Pistole_geschl1.jpg
172.55KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Martin,
That is strange!! The reason I had thought shrinkage is because I acquired a Walther Model 1 in an original holster years ago (22). This holster had a snap instead of a strap. It used to snap perfectly...I prefer to leave the holsters empty or open. Recently I tried to snap it closed to show someone...I almost tore the flap off trying to close it. Obviously the holster dried out a bit and "Shrunk"!!. Yours looks perfectly supple though....It is a mystery!! Sorry I don't have an answer.
Regards,

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.