Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this light/magnifier at our machine shop recently

It was really fabulous, bright, great magnification, crystline clear magnifier. I loved it. I got home and foundthe price was ~$700. Yikes.

But, it seemed to me that there was a good possibility that there was a lower cost alternative.

Voila!!

Cost? $149. Sold.
I am thrilled. Or at least as thrilled as an adult man can be with an illuminated magnifier. It compare very favorably with the high priced one. It is really useful and make examination of guns or whatever much easier.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
The last (second) one pictured is identical to the one I've been using for 25+ years. They are excellent...no complaints here.
Tim H.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,192 Posts
Most shops carry a good one for $20 "Michaels" is where I bought my last one. They have a regular bulb. I am not fond of the circular neon bulbs in the OP. They can be difficult to find/replace.

·
Premium Member
Looking for Artillery Luger
265 Posts
Something happened to me at 45 my arms weren't long enough anymore and I got these things on my face. A nice LED magnifier like that will make the work bench much easier and less mumbling to myself. Thanks for the tip off to amazon I go

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thanks for your post I'm going to think about that unit.

I bought a used Leica stereo microscope off Ebay a few years back at about $125 for a different project and found it works well for inspecting Lugers. Not as versatile as the rig in your post but more powerful, variable up to 40x. An even cheaper option is a magnifying visor which I also have.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as we are on the imaging issue, I'd like to share this little thing ...

$24.
Photograph Font Measuring instrument Material property Eyelash

Those are 1/100 inch markings

Also got 2 of these things (at right angles) to move it around.

I mean, $24?

·
Administrator
15,262 Posts
this is a good posting - I have the visor types and had one of the light magnifier, but also have a non light one.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is my last toy. Though it really isn't. Some of us have had close encounters with one of these:

Yes, Virginia, your very own endoscope!!
Why? You may ask. for $12.99 delivered who cares.

Seriously.

You question my assertion that the bore of my AE is mint?
Take this sirrah!!!
Street light Wood Balloon Door Spider

You question my assertion that the chamber is similarly virginal!!!
Eye Iris Automotive tire Eyelash Cup

Anyway, you get the idea.

But 13 bucks? BTW it plugs into your phone so it can be used at shows etc etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.