Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

while looking for any patent, what could match the 100 rounds drum magazine post started by villiers

http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2489

I did not find anything of help, but an interesting patent of Simson. This patent No. 544 859 was applied on March 10, 1931 and was granted on Feb. 04, 1932. Shown in the drawings of this patent is a drum magazine (T) with an adapter (Z), in which a channel (K) is arranged. Within the channel the rounds are turned for 90°, therefore, it is possible to arrange the flat sides of the drum parallel to the flat sides of the Luger . The purpose of this arrangement is to have a good balance.

Has anybody seen such a drum magazine, or was it just an idea what was not realized?

Martin

Download Attachment: Simson_Trommel1.jpg
72.53KB

Download Attachment: Simson_Trommel2.jpg
72.65KB

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Some fabulous new information has come up through the forum, for which I am truly grateful to all concerned. The Simson patent is mentioned in Goertz - but not as for 100 rounds. And he doesn´t mention whether is was ever made.

Happy Christmas to all friends of the toggle-action
Patrick

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The funny thing is that if it was advertised as for sale in the US, it must have existed ... or were they just `testing the water´?? The only use I can imagine is for `full auto´as the weight must have been excessive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.