Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookie here

I was shocked, but pleased to see that this Simson sold for 9K - that is one of the higher amounts I've seen.
The average Simson (decent bluing, no unit marking, not an S, not a dated), they seem to sell for around $2k - to $4K
Plus for this is the S 'code' (they made Simson & Co toggles at the same time as S) - so I am not sure still if the S was for police? However, of the 105 marked S on the toggle, my 755 records have 105 S code.
Yet only 23 with known sear or sear and mag safety?
The numbers tell me that the vast majority went into service unmarked, perhaps unit buys?

Ed

Registered
Lookie here

I was shocked, but pleased to see that this Simson sold for 9K - that is one of the higher amounts I've seen.
The average Simson (decent bluing, no unit marking, not an S, not a dated), they seem to sell for around $2k - to $4K
Plus for this is the S 'code' (they made Simson & Co toggles at the same time as S) - so I am not sure still if the S was for police? However, of the 105 marked S on the toggle, my 755 records have 105 S code.
The numbers tell me that the vast majority went into service unmarked, perhaps unit buys?

Ed
Nice shout out to you in the listing 馃憦

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice shout out to you in the listing 馃憦
I saw that and then forgot. One of the main Luger guys for Morphys auction is a friend of mine (Russ) and he'll call and ask me if something sounds right or wrong (the guy who does the words, sometimes uses directly from the book)

Premium Member
Lookie here

Ed
Lately, prices look like they鈥檙e exceeding inflation rates 5 fold. That鈥檚 gotta be putting a smile on your face Ed, employees are getting $15.00/hr @ Taco Bell, maybe they鈥檙e the driving factor.馃槀

When we see that 鈥渃ombat chromed鈥 Luger sell on GB for $3325.00, the litmus test will be positive.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not noticed a huge increase in prices, still can't seem to sell my friends 2 matching police luger :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts