Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this E6 marked police type numbered magazine. On the back of the body it is marked "S.H. 126.". I am guessing the E6 signifies it is from Simson, the"S" stands for state police and the "H" is the name of a place like Hamburg or Hannover? Does anyone have any ideas about where and when this is from?

Download Attachment: Simpson u mark.jpg
68.49KB

Download Attachment: Untitled-1.jpg
95.87KB

·
Administrator
15,075 Posts
I can look this up after I get home (might be this weekend before I remember), but you don't see them marked too often on the body... (so if you are looking to sell it, please consider me, ~~smiling~~)

That said, I believe you are probably right and unless Jan, Klaus or Jeff know off the top of their head, I am pretty sure that S.H. has been discussed or is in Weimar Lugers...

Here is one link from this forum on S.H.

http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1180

Ed

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Weimar Police and Jan for your responses.
The "H" part was the part that puzzled me.
As far as selling it, I hadn't really considered it. I wish I could tell you it was in excellent condition but it appears someone once "cleaned it up" with some steel wool and the body has a few minor dents in it. The magazine functions fine but it falls below excellent condition. What do you figure it's worth?

While I'm on the subject of magazines I've got another odd ball,
(maybe Simson ?) magazine I would be grateful for any help identifying.
The magazine body on this one is very nice, looks to me like nickle plate.
The bottom is not so nice, looks like someone crudely ground down, (especially at the top in the picture to the right of the big S) and renumbered it. The thing is the proof mark on top,(whats left of it) looks like what Costanzo (page 109,#149) identified as a Simson Schmeisser magazine. There is no Schmeisser arrow or other mark on the magazine body though. What do you think this is?

Download Attachment: Simp mag 2.jpg
100.99KB

·
Administrator
15,075 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Rich

...The "H" part was the part that puzzled me.
... What do you figure it's worth?

While I'm on the subject of magazines I've got another odd ball,
(maybe Simson ?) magazine I would be grateful for any help identifying.
The magazine body on this one is very nice, looks to me like nickle plate.
The bottom is not so nice, looks like someone crudely ground down, (especially at the top in the picture to the right of the big S) and renumbered it. The thing is the proof mark on top,(whats left of it) looks like what Costanzo (page 109,#149) identified as a Simson Schmeisser magazine. There is no Schmeisser arrow or other mark on the magazine body though. What do you think this is?
First part, I don't know about value to you, I can say that I have bought "shooter" i.e. ground or not in the best of shape mags for $40, and nice ones for $85 and they go up on e-bay depending on who is bidding?

The 2nd, the bottom area looks almost like II which, again would be much as a 2 for the second magazine for a police gun, but I could be mistaken from the picture.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.